Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just a quick hi from Ireland.
I have 2 p'lets, (green/blue) called Rio and Phoenix. Phoenix is sitting on 4eggs. This is her 3rd clutch.1st were all infertile. 2nd were all destroyed when the nestboxwss accidentally knocked off the cage. I had to rearrange everything including covering the nestbox to disguise it. Eggs should hatch on the 29th June ( fingers crossed).
Matt

·
Administrator
5,147 Posts
Hello and welcome Matt, Rio and Phoenix. Glad you decided to check in.
Hen on a clutch is always a fun, and a bit stressful time. Lot to learn, lot to see.
You mention this is their 3rd clutch. am I correct it taking it that these are young birds?
Keep us posted, we love baby birds.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Welcome Matt, Rio and Phoenix! What an exciting and nerve-wracking time for you all! Fingers crossed that 3rd time is a charm. I am sure the second time was heartbreaking but unfortunately these things happen. Looking forward to updates on the little family and maybe photos? 😁

Reactions: ozzie3860

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rio and Phoenix are approximately 4 years old. They have their home open probably 2 hours a day at the moment. Both birds have no issues if I need to catch them but dislike my hands going into " their" home, but never bite or peck at me!
Before Phoenix was sitting on eggs I was putting the cage outside in the fresh air for 3 hours a day..... they love telling the wild birds they are kings and queens of this estate.
Pictures to follow

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hello Matt! Nice to have you and your flock join us! Great that you can get your birds outside during the warmer months. I am sure they enjoy that. Good luck - I hope all goes well this time! Yes, pics please! Baby pics are very popular around here. ! It would be nice to see one's of mum and dad, too! :)

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I can’t believe they don’t bite you when you go into their home! Wow! That’s pretty rare - these little guys are powerful biters and quite dominant, particularly in their cages let alone their nesting home! Lucky you!

Fresh air is so great for them. I have previously told the story of how a little yellow finch fell in love with Kiwi and despite his best flirtations, including landing on her cage briefly at one point and singing to her from the apple tree above and showering her with apple blossom petals, she rebuffed him with indignation. It was adorable though, even if she didn’t think so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts