Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted in a LONG while but have never been far away. Just wanted to say hello and show what has been keeping me busy!
As you may remember, Skye was the first post on Rainbow Bridge. But C is still with me and doing wonderfully well. He has many friends to chat and chatter with!
Bird Eye Parrot Beak Plant
Finger Natural material Bird Feather Thumb
Bird Tableware Beak Salt and pepper shakers Parrot
Flower Petal Textile Gesture Pink
Bird Plant Beak Fawn Feather
Bird Eye Parrot Beak Plant
Finger Natural material Bird Feather Thumb
Flower Petal Textile Gesture Pink
Bird Plant Beak Fawn Feather
Bird Tableware Beak Salt and pepper shakers Parrot

·
Administrator
5,396 Posts
Welcome back. It has been a while. Glad to see you again. Hope you plan to stay and most many more pictures of your flock.

Reactions: C&Skye and Anya

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
Hello!! So great to hear from you! Omigosh those GORGEOUS little fluff balls! What colouring and markings! Beautiful!

I was so sorry to hear about Skye. If I remember correctly, she was an excellent mama. Such a sweet girl. I am delighted to know C is still going strong! How old is he now?

Thanks so much for sharing your photos - I have always enjoyed them and your stories and wise counsel. I get that it isn’t always easy to stay in touch but it is sure great to know you’re there!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello!! So great to hear from you! Omigosh those GORGEOUS little fluff balls! What colouring and markings! Beautiful!

I was so sorry to hear about Skye. If I remember correctly, she was an excellent mama. Such a sweet girl. I am delighted to know C is still going strong! How old is he now?

Thanks so much for sharing your photos - I have always enjoyed them and your stories and wise counsel. I get that it isn’t always easy to stay in touch but it is sure great to know you’re there!
Thank you so much for your kind words! C (full name Caerulius) came from a pet store in early 2011. The store personnel did not have his hatch day but I assumed he was a young bird at the time. I estimate he is 12 years old. He acts and looks like a healthy young adult!

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
Caerulius - that is quite a mouthful. I see why you go with C, but it is a great name! 12 years old and still a kid. Well, no surprise there with you at his side. Those babies, though. Breathtaking. I just looked at the photos again. I am sure it is too complicated to get into, but are you purposely getting those colourings? If I recall, you are quite good with the genetics of these little guys.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to admit my goal was to produce dazzling turquoise pieds but I am no expert and have to say that my real purpose is to bring sunshine into peoples' lives when they welcome one of my babies into their homes. I cannot deny though, it is so much fun to anticipate what the little ones will look like. You know, it's like that box of chocolates!

·
Super Moderator
6,778 Posts
It's been a while since I felt MBS coming on LOL
Those are some stunning little ones! I wish my American turquoise didn't pull out all her pretty feathers 🤦🏻‍♀️ the turquoise are my favorite

1 - 11 of 11 Posts