Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to introduce myself as I am a new Parrotlet owner andI am looking forward to meeting other owners. I purchased my bird from a private breeder and she is 8 weeks old.
I have several other animals here.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Hello BCChins - Welcome.

Do you have a male or female? - what color? - and what is their name? - post some pictures if you can, we all love pictures :D

Tell us a little about your bird :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You everyone.
I have a Female green pied.
Puts head down as she is still nameless. If I do not come up with one soon she will be thinking her name is Bebe. Any suggestions are welcome.
I will get some pictures of her this week and will need help posting them as I forgot to tell you all I am computer challanged!
She is doing very well so far. I take her out for about 15 minutes at a time maybe tw0-three times a day so far. She tries to fly off so I have been cuping my hand around her body and petting her head she does nip some but stops after a few nips.
Any tips on toy's and handling/training her are alway's welcome. Someday I would love to have her lay in my hand!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I agree with birdiemom – BeBe sounds like a great name :) [reminds me of Phoebe from Friends] :D

As for training tips - I think time and patience are your best bet.

Post your progress - it helps to hear what works and what doesn't’ work.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I would suggest clipping her wings during the training process. It will make her easier to handle and at the rate you are going, she will be very tame by the time her first molt rolls around.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here! That sounds like a great name, you can stick with that. Or if you are looking for something different, you can name her after any random thing. (I named mine after a cereal brand haha!) Post some pictures soon! -spasticat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts