Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Well my six year old Pacific male parrotlet just died this week suddenly and I have been devastated. My home feels very empty without him to welcome me home.

He moved up here with me from Florida last year. Now I am thinking about getting another parrotlet baby. While Puck was a beautiful bird, I am reluctant to get one just like him because this will be a new bird and I don't want to think of him/her as being Puck or knowing what Puck knows/liking what Puck likes. I am having a hard time finding baby parrotlets around here, especially ones that are not regular Pacific parrotlets in appearance.

I have tried contacting two breeders,

http://www.parrotletcircus.com/

and

http://www.forpusaviary.com/

but neither have gotten back to me, not sure if they are still even in business. The local stores don't seem to have parrotlets, or they have older ones, or regular green ones.

I was thinking of getting a blue mutation Pacific, or a green rumped or spectacled one, although I would like to see it in person first, and prefer to get a just-weaned baby. The other option is getting a Pacific hen, although I have never had a female bird before and am not sure what I would do if it started laying eggs.

Any advice on stores/breeders/bird shows in the D.C. area?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
lori from Parrotlet circle does not have any babbies wright now. there is a bird mart this sat and I know that there is going to be breeders with birds.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] Baltimore Bird Fanciers[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] Calendar[/FONT]​

function doRollover(elem, rollover_color, text_color){ // set background color of TD if (elem.parentNode){ // IE5, IE6 and Netscape 6 if (rollover_color == 'transparent'){ // Netscape does not like the word "transparent". elem.parentNode.bgColor = ''; } else{ elem.parentNode.bgColor=rollover_color; } } else if (elem.parentElement && elem.parentElement.setAttribute){ // IE4. elem.parentElement.setAttribute("bgColor", rollover_color); } else{ // Netscape 4.6x or 4.7x //alert("Must be Netscape! do nothing"); } // set color of the link text if (elem.children){ // IE4, IE5, IE6 and Netscape 6 elem.children(0).style.color=text_color; } } A.NavBar:link { COLOR: #000099; TEXT-DECORATION: none}A.NavBar:visited { COLOR: #000099; TEXT-DECORATION: none}A.NavBar:active { COLOR: #000099; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}A.NavBar:hover { COLOR: #000099; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Home[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Our Officers[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Spring Mart & Finch Show[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Fall Bird Show [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Calendar [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Organization News
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
Upcoming Events & Meetings

Meeting - Towson Library

York Rd & Chesapeake Ave

January 21, 2007
Speaker - Robert Mehl
Hummingbirds
February 18, 2007
Speaker - Dave Brinker
MD Dept. Nat. Resources
Owl specie in Maryland

March 18, 2007
Member Workshop
Informational Posters

April 15, 2007
Beth Karp
Galapagos Wildlife

May 19, 2007- Bird Mart- Vendor Info [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]9AM - 4PM
Tall Cedars Hall, Parkville Maryland
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

October 20, 2007
**** Bird Show & Mart ****

Did you see us at the Pet Expo?
January 26-28, 2007
Timonium Fairgrounds
We hosted the World of Birds Section

Bird Mart
May 19, 2007
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]9AM - 4PM
Tall Cedars Hall, Parkville Maryland
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Bird Show
October 20, 2007
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]​
[/FONT]

var sc_project=1223721; var sc_invisible=1; var sc_partition=10; var sc_security="b783ae62";

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got one!

At the bird mart in Baltimore, there was one baby blue Pacific for sale and I snagged him right away. And what a sweetie he is too!

Attachments

·
Registered
794 Posts
Very cute! this is the Mother hen talking...I see you have a tall fan in the background of your picture be carful if he's out and it's on...secure the room and expect the unexpected....take good care of him congrats

1 - 6 of 6 Posts