Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have learned to pay attention when Paulie gets fussy. He can be noisy at times but sometimes he just fusses. If I go over to his cage and just look around a bit I will usually see why he's fussing....it's time for his lunch, I forgot to give him something that he usually has at that time etc... One day I took out his water bowl and washed it out and got side tracked and forgot to give him water. Well, he kept up the fussing until I checked his cage and discovered the missing water cup! I gave him water and he took 2 big gulps and the fussing stopped! My husband now pays attention to him when he's fussy.... he just lets us know things are not right!
Has anyone else noticed this about their parrotlets??

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Sparky 'beeps' at about 15 second intervals if we ate late in uncovering his cage (late in his opinion, of course :D ).

Seriously, our birds usually let us know if there is a problem.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
835 Posts
About a year ago I was so flattered b/c during out of cage play time one of my un-tame breeder males just followed me around the house chatting away. Well, I felt awful once I finally payed attention to him. I followed him to his hen that was cornered and beat up :(

Since then, as you know, our bird set up has changed to the free flighted, cageless bird room. That pair split up and repaired themselves, which makes me think about "paired for life" and how true that really is. But he has become so tame and friendly chasing me about the room just for treats with his new girlfriend Lily.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Miss Bitsey Jo rings her bell when she wants uncovered in the morning. When I get home the dogs get excited and I can hear her calling me too. sweet girl.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Miss Bitsey Jo rings her bell when she wants uncovered in the morning. When I get home the dogs get excited and I can hear her calling me too. sweet girl.
Speaking of coming home and dogs...

My dog barks out of excitement when I get home and when she does, it's Nemo's cue to chirp his head off for some attention, too. Seriously, he does it whenever she barks. He's like her little background singer, LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts