Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is Kurt Somen, and I'm a new member to this forums. I was searching for bird forums on Google and came into www.talkparrotlets.com . To begin with, I simply wanted to say hello to everyone. Sky, a female peach-faced lovebird, and her two brothers, dudu and azi, make up my parrot family. The hatchlings may or may not have been related, as we were told.

I've kept them since they were approximately 2 months old, and they're now around 3 1/2 years old. Because Rio and Joly both liked Mango and wanted to fight for her, Joly has taken up residence in my daughter's room.

They're all well-cared-for, but we're always on the lookout for new methods to make them feel even better! Also wondering if Munchkin Kittens might go along with Parrots?

I was unable to post an image since I was using my phone, but I did include a link at the bottom. Their "baby photos" may be seen here.

A bit more Amazon Blue is dudu, the one in the middle of the group. Because of this, I have been able to identify each of them since the moment I first lay eyes on them.

Enjoy your day, and I hope to hear from you again soon!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Hi Kurt and welcome to you and your impressive flock! I didn’t see a link in your post but am looking forward to seeing them all! We are predominantly a forum for Parrotlets but are always happy to hear about other birds. All information and stories related to our feathered loved ones enriches our knowledge of these incredible birds!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Kurt! Lovebirds are so beautiful! For some reason, when I think of lovebirds, I always think of the old Alfred Hitchcock movie, "The BIrds." And, if you haven't seen it before, they do not attack anyone! lol

It was very smart to separate your female from the two males to prevent any injuries or even one bird being killed. Being parrots, lovebirds have some of the same characteristics parrotlets have. They are feisty, territorial and aggressive. You always have to watch them if you have more than one. There is a lot of good information on this forum that should help you. I know it sure helped me! :) If your could post some pics later that would be great. We would love to see your flock! Nice to have you join us!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts