Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this sweet and entertaining little video called, “Studying with Parrotlets" on YouTube. What is more adorable than a parrotlet just puttering around being themselves? And getting into mischief. Cleopatra once chewed the corners off some Christmas cards I had just put stamps on to be mailed off. But birdy didn’t care. (You have to watch the video) lol If I hadn’t caught her when I did she would have finished going through the whole stack. Have any of you guys had any “But birdy don’t care” experiences with your birds? Oh, wait, you all have parrotlets, what a silly question! :LOL: Care to share?

Anyhoo, here is the video…

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Well that’s adorable!! Kiwi doesn’t stay off my person very much when she’s out, but if she does, it is rip rip rip on literally everything she can get her beak on. Her “birdy don’t care” moment was when she was on my shoulder under my hair during a work video call and she popped her butt out to poop and more than one person texted me to ask if she had just pooped on me! 😱 They got used to seeing her go in and out of my hair on those calls (although the first time she came out and clambered down my shirt gave them all a shock), but the pooping was a first. Just popped her butt right out there and dropped one on me! For the record, she only Poops on me now that she’s an old lady - a couple of years maybe. She rarely pooped on me when she was younger. She’d always fly away first. But now - birdy don’t care!

·
Administrator
5,147 Posts
Rio is much more curious than Jules and Bo were. As I said to my wife last night The fold that says curiosity may have killed the cat has never met a bird.
Last week when working from home I left the office for a bit. Rio chewed up all the erasers of the pencils and the little nub on the back of pens so they can be used with smart phones.
Last night we had a jar of nuts. Rio likes to sneak up and steal one every once in a while. Last night the jar was getting low so he decided to jump in and claim them all. Would not let us get him out. Did not even mind if we put the lid on it. Silly bird.

• Haha
Reactions: ginziputzi and Anya

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love these stories! They are so good.

Jackie, the poop story cracked me up! :LOL: But, hey, when you got to go, you got to go! lol When I first got Cleopatra, I stupidly went out to the grocery store with poop on me. :rolleyes: After that, I potty trained her!

Ozzie, that is hysterical about the nuts! Rio sounds like a little opportunist to me! 🤣 The erasers was good too. Both made me laugh! They just love to chew things up! What are they? Part beaver? ;)

·
Administrator
5,147 Posts
OK, got one for you.

Like many since COVID I have worked from home more.
Normally I keep the camera off so Rio antics go unnoticed. I only chase him off if I have a call where I have to talk a bunch and he is in his noisy phase for the day.
Company decided we needed to use cameras more for feedback or whatever.
So I am having a webex, camera on, unmuted, no Rio.
Half way through Rio flies in to say Hi.
At first he is crawling around and the camera filters do not show him.
Finally he decides to play and starts throwing bottle caps and medicine bottles.
So I am busy and decide to ignore him.
He was having none of that and decided to climb up my chest and get my attention to play.
Camera finally gets him and the meeting is stalled as people inquiring about the yellow thing climbing around on me.
Meeting is stopped as I explain that I am actually a pirate that have been in meetings most the year with a parrot on my shoulder.
I am asked to show him off so I place him in my hand.
Rio is already excited and want to play, now he is on my flat hand, the center of attention in front of the camera.
Meeting attendees are appropriately appreciative about the beautify yellow bird in my hand.
Rio hears all the cooing on the computer, is excited and ....
Wiggle necks, fluffs out his bottom and does his lets get it on dance.
The one where he fluffs out his bottom, and does a figure eight dance, with occasional wiggle necks.
Everybody thinks he is cute with his little dance, not understanding that he is trying to get it on with my thumb.
“But Birdy Don’t Care”
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Anya and ginziputzi

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hahaha!!! Too funny! If they only knew! 😂

Another one -
I kept on forgetting to hide the cable remote and Cleopatra would chew the heck out of it every chance she got. She had put deep notches all around the sides and done some damage to the back. When the remote stopped working, I had to get a replacement. When I returned it, they asked if my dog had gotten a hold of it! :LOL: No, my bird. When I would catch her, I would show the remote to her and say, "Oh, look what you have done!" She would just look at me like what is the big deal? It was definitely a "Birdy Don't Care" look! Here is a picture of her in the act...getting a few more good bites before I took it away from her! lol How I miss her.

Textile Grey Sleeve Scaled reptile Wood

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Hilarious stories!! Ozzie - that story about Rio’s get it on dance for your coworkers seriously cracked me up! I am still giggling! Kiwi was a regular fixture at my video call meetings but she never displayed those antics!! Hahaha!! Love it!! And Anya - those must have been some seriously good chew marks if they thought it was a dog! Kiwi can take a chunk out of things, but that’s impressive!! Birdy don’t care moments for sure!!

Reactions: Anya

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, she had been chewing on it off and on for a few years! When I returned it, I felt like I needed to point out the damage. The notches on the remote were not really noticeable at first glance, but you could feel them when you were using the remote. She loved the rim on it, it was just small enough for her little beaky beak to grasp. :rolleyes: In the pic, she is chewing on the lever thingy you use to change the batteries. She chewed the corners off that! :oops: I wish I had a picture of what she did to my phone case. It had a rubber backing for protection and she chewed on a corner so much that the rubber part eventually came completely off. But birdy didn’t care. She was probably thinking, "Mission accomplished!" Other than her obsession with the remote and phone, she was such a wonderful little girl. 90% good - 10% little stinker birdy. 💚

·
Administrator
5,147 Posts
Yeah, she had been chewing on it off and on for a few years! When I returned it, I felt like I needed to point out the damage. The notches on the remote were not really noticeable at first glance, but you could feel them when you were using the remote. She loved the rim on it, it was just small enough for her little beaky beak to grasp. :rolleyes: In the pic, she is chewing on the lever thingy you use to change the batteries. She chewed the corners off that! :oops: I wish I had a picture of what she did to my phone case. It had a rubber backing for protection and she chewed on a corner so much that the rubber part eventually came completely off. But birdy didn’t care. She was probably thinking, "Mission accomplished!" Other than her obsession with the remote and phone, she was such a wonderful little girl. 90% good - 10% little stinker birdy. 💚
Funny as I read this and I look down at my phone on its stand with Rio sitting on it chewing up the case. But it makes him happy so it is worth the cost.

Reactions: ginziputzi and Anya
1 - 9 of 9 Posts