Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use roudybush with all my birds except the p'lets. I hear so much possitve about harrisons, i was thinking I might give it a try (not that i hear any negatives about roudybush, i just think change can be good sometimes) It looks like they have different kinds, course & fine. Does anyone here use it, if so what kind? I had a free sample some time back and it must have been fine, it looked like egg food rather than pellets! I make my own seed mix and add pellets into it, so they dont eat too much.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i'm right in thinking its like egg food rather than pellets? I would think i won't have any problems converting, since i only add a bit of pellets to their seed mix. Thanks for the replies... i'll go read the other thread.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahh ok... i've read that one before. Now do you give your p'lets the harrisons regularly? I dont ever give them the pellets, just a seed mix (after reading the article i posted) all the others have pellets added into the mix.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I use the Harrison's High Potency Fine pretty much daily - since its not their main diet I think the High Potency is the best (it tastes better to them). Mine aren't crazy over Pellets but will eat the Harrison's when foraging and I sprinkle them around - they really don't eat a lot of it - I basically use it as an addition to their diet - something different to eat. It you read Harrison's page they will tell you to only feed it or it does no good blah blah blah :)

The course IMO is too large.

The mash is good to mix into other foods and also to mix with juice etc for a treat but I just mash the High Potency Fine for that.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Pado... I have to run to the bird store for seeds so i'll grab a bag and give it a try :)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Thanks Pado... I have to run to the bird store for seeds so i'll grab a bag and give it a try :)

Buuzbee in case you're not a date checker :) - check the expiration date - it has a shelf life. I learned that the hard way by purchasing a bag from a Veterinarians office of all places. :eek:

·
Registered
794 Posts
ahh ok... i've read that one before. Now do you give your p'lets the harrisons regularly? I dont ever give them the pellets, just a seed mix (after reading the article i posted) all the others have pellets added into the mix.
Like Pado said, I only give it to them as an addition. Oscar doesn't really like it that much. He just picks at it every once in a while.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Buuzbee in case you're not a date checker :) - check the expiration date - it has a shelf life. I learned that the hard way by purchasing a bag from a Veterinarians office of all places. :eek:
Yes, Pado is right. When I first went to buy it from my vet, all the bags were out-dated, by months. I made them re-order new before I would buy it.

It's good that it has a shelf-life, because that means no preservatives! :p

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like Pado said, I only give it to them as an addition. Oscar doesn't really like it that much. He just picks at it every once in a while.
Yes, it will be added to their seed mix i make, so they dont get that much. i'll post in a few days and let you all know how it goes.

I also got a bag of beak appetite. I have never tried this before, i normally make my own soak mix, but figured they might enjoy a little change :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll make up a batch tonight... i know the conures will devour it, fingers crossed the p'lets will also!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Gelato loves beak appetite. Right now it is the bulk of his diet with some seed and pellet. The only thing with beak appetite, I don't think it has enough vegetables... so i will cook a small amount up and mix it with the batch.

He knows when the pink cup comes out, it means it's time for his favorite food. Right now we are on nuts about alfredo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts