Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey again!

Bokeh is now 8 1/2 and he's doing great.

Anyway, I use millet when we're playing / training. Over the years I've tried all the common brands of millet. It seems like the freshness of the millet I receive is really hit and miss. I'll go with one brand for while, and then I'll get a couple of bags that don't smell fresh.

Does anyone have a really reliably fresh millet stick source?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,705 Posts
Hi there! Nice to hear from you. Bokeh sure sounds like he’s doing great! We would love to see a photo if you would like to share.

I am in Canada so I will let others reply in the resource, but I have noticed the same thing as well. Not so much smell as dryness of the millet. I got a bag once that was just a mess - all the seeds on the bottom, literally nothing on the stems. It was weird. Millet is dry to begin with but not like that.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Unfortunately, the source of millet that I had got bought by another company and isn't great anymore. If you have a green thumb, I hear that millet is an easy grass to grow in a pot. Perhaps that might be the best option?

·
Administrator
5,316 Posts
I have always had good luck with just going to amazon and looking for fresh millet spray for birds. The key is you have to look for bags about a 1lbs or more and look for pesticide free. If they show you something that is bagged like it is going to a pet store then it is old. Once I get it I tend to freeze a portion and use it as I need it. Still better / fresher than what I can get local.

·
Super Moderator
3,705 Posts
Wowwwww!!! Now that’s a castle! What a great cage and with a view too! Magnificent!! Bokeh is gorgeous! He had beautiful eyes. Kiwi’s eyes are like black dots - they’re not defined like that. That’s cool!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts