Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parrotlet Gonzo has recently taking a liking to playing in my hair. At the time I has just taken a shower so my hair was clean. I do use gel and hairspray though. Is it okay for him to play in my hair when it has this stuff in it?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
My guess would be no - I can't imagine hairspray and gel being good for them. I discourage mine from chewing my hair - but ya know they always seem to get a beak full here and there ;)

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have been a hair stylist for over 30 years and you can't be using that much do you? The alcohol in the spray is there so the product will dry and that should evaporate, the gel has some alcohol too for the same reason. Maybe brush your hair out and it will remove most of it. If he's not chewing your hair then it shouldn't hurt, just brush it good before you hold him.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I guess if a person was using too much maybe but the amount of time that your p'let sits in your hair I guess would factor in. I suppose hand lotion would be bad, and perfume also. I would say again that if your using THAT much hair product then your using too much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts