Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve read somewhere that Hagen’s Tropimix is a lot like Nutriberries because like Nutriberries Hagen Tropimix seeds are shelled and the vitamins are placed on the already shelled seeds? Any information on this would be great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
After much research i decided against NutriBerries, i think because they add sugar or something, i forget exactly why. But i did get Hagen Tropimix because the protein, fat, and ingredient content was on point for a daily feed, even though it does contain sunflower and peanuts. I've yet to get the bird though, but I'd still tell you that i did a lot of research and purchased Hagen. They do add vitamins (not sure if it's in the pellets or sprinkled on) and it's shell-free. Made in Canada.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After much research i decided against NutriBerries, i think because they add sugar or something, i forget exactly why. But i did get Hagen Tropimix because the protein, fat, and ingredient content was on point for a daily feed, even though it does contain sunflower and peanuts. I've yet to get the bird though, but I'd still tell you that i did a lot of research and purchased Hagen. They do add vitamins (not sure if it's in the pellets or sprinkled on) and it's shell-free. Made in Canada.
Thank for the information. I looked at the Tropimix on Amazon and for me it’s way too expensive. $7.49 for around 6 ounces so I would have to buy two to get enough of it to last. Then there’s $7.00 shipping. I can’t afford $22.00 a month on it along with $11.72 that Nutriberries cost each month. I was hoping to find a company that has free shipping but I haven’t found it yet.

·
Administrator
5,088 Posts
Thanks for mentioning this brand. I may have to give it a try again. Last time I visited it was back with Jules and Bo. They were not interested but they were rescues much set in their ways. When I got them they were eating the cheapest feed around and I had a hard time transitioning them to better feed. In the end we can want to feed our guys the best thing possible but they do have a say in the matter and will turn up their beaks at the oddest things. Now that they are gone and I have Rio maybe he might be interested. He is not very food oriented so it is interesting to see what he will eat or not eat.

Reactions: ginziputzi

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for mentioning this brand. I may have to give it a try again. Last time I visited it was back with Jules and Bo. They were not interested but they were rescues much set in their ways. When I got them they were eating the cheapest feed around and I had a hard time transitioning them to better feed. In the end we can want to feed our guys the best thing possible but they do have a say in the matter and will turn up their beaks at the oddest things. Now that they are gone and I have Rio maybe he might be interested. He is not very food oriented so it is interesting to see what he will eat or not eat.
I’m sad that the bag is only 6.53oz. Why couldn’t they at least make the bag one pound.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My brand new bird came raised on multi colored pellets but took to the Hagens immediately. He would only touch the Tops pellets to throw them out of the cage lol. So I'm using Hagens and Kaylees dried veggies plus freeze dried fruit. Seems to be scared of fresh fruit.

Yeah it's a shame Hagens is so expensive though.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My brand new bird came raised on multi colored pellets but took to the Hagens immediately. He would only touch the Tops pellets to throw them out of the cage lol. So I'm using Hagens and Kaylees dried veggies plus freeze dried fruit. Seems to be scared of fresh fruit.

Yeah it's a shame Hagens is so expensive though.
I found a place that offers free shipping so I am going to get it after all.
I really hoped that the seed has vitamins on it like Nutriberries but I’m guessing not because I can’t find that information online about that but I’m getting it anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts