Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks Anya. I think she mentioned amputation to indicate that there really isn’t anything we can do. I don’t think she was suggesting it as a real option. It’s moot anyway. I would never allow that to happen.

It was a long day for both of us for sure. I have been through the elder care scene a fair bit over the last 10-12 years with my elderly parents who have both now passed, my father in law who has very advanced Alzheimer’s and my dear little Paris who passed in December. For me, knowledge is power so i feel reassured now, even though there are a number of issues. The vet said she’s probably 95 years old in human terms so it really helps give a perspective on managing it. Like she said, the challenges get greater the longer they live but that doesn’t mean she won’t live a good quality life into her 100s. Made me smile. It’s just so Kiwi.

·
Super Moderator
5,236 Posts
I'm glad to hear you finally got her in to the real vet. I am also glad that your vet recognized that a parrotlet not trying to attack is one that you shouldn't stress. During the pandemic vet checks where Tumi went without me, I always checked with the vet to make sure he tried to bite them because that is how I know he was fine without me.
I think I see some spoiling in Kiwi's future!

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm glad to hear you finally got her in to the real vet. I am also glad that your vet recognized that a parrotlet not trying to attack is one that you shouldn't stress. During the pandemic vet checks where Tumi went without me, I always checked with the vet to make sure he tried to bite them because that is how I know he was fine without me.
I think I see some spoiling in Kiwi's future!
Absolutely. Lots of spoiling, no doubt. She has landed a few good nips on me today while dealing with medicating so I am convinced she is at least feeling better. That’s hilarious about checking to make sure Tumi was biting - haha! A great little test we have there!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts