Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I've been reading this forum for a while but I've never introduced myself. I'm Ellen and I'm living with my hubby in Kitchener, Ontario. We've recently moved to a new house and have been quite busy settling into the new place in the past 2 months.

I have a 5 years old blue parrotlet boy named Boji. :) He's been with me since he was around 2 months old. He's a sweet birdie that loves cuddles and scratches. However he also has a stubborn side and gets nippy once in a while. :D Boji loves to chew paper/tissues, and he's crazy about... handbags. Once he sees one, he'll climb all over it and tries to peek into the bag. Luckily he doesn't chew on it, he just... peeks. He can entertain himself like that for a long time.

Boji and I are looking forward to meeting you all! :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have a blue male Parrotlet named Tommaso. I also got him when he was 2 months old. Boji sure sounds like a character. Do you have any pictures of Boji that you would like to share. :D Oh, yes they do seem to have a stubborn side, but they also have that gentle side. I just love these guys.

Morena

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Welcome Elly - I'm glad you and Boji found us - Its nice to have someone with an older P'let join us - (I know 5 is still young but most of us have had ours for less time although there are a few on here with older ones also) - they can identify themselves :D

The young P'lets can have quite different personalities then when they mature - it will be nice to get your input on Boji. :)

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Welcome! There are lots of precious Parrotlets here and great owners! We all love to help and to keep learning! My Parrotlet's name is Chipper, she is a little girl.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Bonjour mademoiselle Nice pour vous rencontrer ! Bienvenue au forum !

oh wait... that's for people that live in Quebec! :p

Nice to meet you, I feel like being silly please forgive me~ (btw I don't speak french, I just like translating stuff online. I have to do this a lot at my job)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome Elly glad you joined us. I have had Bitsey Jo for 8 years and counting. She is a benevolent little dictator.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Welcome Elly - I have an 8 month old Parrotlet and she is quite a character. I look forward to continuing to learn more about this breed and this is the place to be to do just that! Debbie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm really happy to have found this forum. =) Boji and I feels right at home.:D Everyone's parrotlet(s) are so adorable!

Morena: Tommaso looks so cute eating from his food dish! I'll be sure to put up some photos of Boji later on after I figure out how to post them up. :D

Pado: Boji's character did change quite a bit as he matured. He went from a very shy/quiet little bird, to a very nippy and territorial reign of terror during his "teenage" years (still cuddly, but bit and lot and bit hard). Then after a while, he seems to have calm down and is now a sweet little birdie. He still bites occasionally when he doesn't like something, but mostly just warning bites that doesn't draw blood.

Nick: Oscar and Maya looks wonderful together. :D

Sally: Chipper is such a cute little girl! I'm so happy that everyone here is so passionate about these little parrots.

Catfish: Haha, I don't know French myself but I do understand the first 2 words. :D It's nice to meet you too, and everyone here as well!

Memmy: Bitsey Jo is such a cute name! I can just picture them to be little dictators. :D

Debbie: There little guys and girls have so much character in them. I'm still learning about them myself. :) This forum is definitely very informative and everyone is so nice here!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chipper looks so cute with her head in the bowl haha.

I love taking pictures of Boji. I just picked some photos out last night. Now I just have to make them smaller then I can post them up. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts