TalkParrotlets.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm new here. I own two 4-month old budgies and I am considering getting a parrotlet (separate cage, of course). I'm looking forward to reading about everyone's parrotlet adventures.

·
Super Moderator
4,882 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Do you have other bird experience, or are the baby budgies your first bird experience?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi - I grew up in a family that always had a bird (parakeet, cockatiel, pious) but the budgies are my first birds.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! I would suggest that you do as much research as you can before you purchase a parrotlet, especially since you have other birds. And of course, we are happy to help you if you have any questions or concerns. Good luck and let us know on what you decide!

·
Super Moderator
6,463 Posts
Hello, welcome! A little budgie was my first pet as a child, I have parrotlets now (oops correction I have parrotlet :( two of mine passed still not used to it) and I have 2 bourke parakeets. You get in the groove with multiples and every birdy gets a "habit" that's manageable even if they don't get along LOL
My parrotlet is the boss and my bourks just run away if she gets too close, but I can have these three out at the same time supervised.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts