Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on a search for a green rumped. Can anyone tell me why they are so hard to find? I understand they don’t hatch well in low humidity, but I can’t find one ANYwhere!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Only a small number were originally imported into the country. Due to this, many of the green rump parrotlets available are related and in-bred. Many tend to be prone to health issues as a result.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only a small number were originally imported into the country. Due to this, many of the green rump parrotlets available are related and in-bred. Many tend to be prone to health issues as a result.
This explains a lot. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Peanut! There is a woman in West Virginia who sells authentic green rumped parrotlets. One of our forum members bought one about a year ago. Another person asked the same question as you and I tried to get the forum member to respond to me through Private Message and I didn't get a response. I do have that woman's name and city, but I have looked everywhere in the huge stacks of paperwork I have. I will try one more time to find her address/contact number. Keep checking this forum! I can't display her name on the open forum, but I can send you a private message in your Conversation starter.
If you see a Red Dot on your avatar, click on that avatar to get to your message. Give me a few days.

David

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peanut! There is a woman in West Virginia who sells authentic green rumped parrotlets. One of our forum members bought one about a year ago. Another person asked the same question as you and I tried to get the forum member to respond to me through Private Message and I didn't get a response. I do have that woman's name and city, but I have looked everywhere in the huge stacks of paperwork I have. I will try one more time to find her address/contact number. Keep checking this forum! I can't display her name on the open forum, but I can send you a private message in your Conversation starter.
If you see a Red Dot on your avatar, click on that avatar to get to your message. Give me a few days.

David
You are the best David! Thank you so much for your efforts! Those little guys are elusive!
Please don’t go to a great deal of trouble. I have found that breeders that use to breed them have stopped for whatever reason.
I ordered one from a breeder that said it was a green rump, but when it arrived, it was a pacific. He is claiming to have another….not falling for that again!
Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Easy to find out if it is a green rumped....look at the picture the breeder sends you! In fact, make the breeder send you a video of the bird in the hands of the the breeder ( with the breeder's face in it, too! ) It must be solid green with a stumpy/shortened green tail. Make sure you get a hand friendly bird that steps up and the bird is between 8 and 10 weeks old. Green rumped are hard to find, but the lady I am talking about sells nothing but green rumped. The forum member who bought one from her went to her home and picked his bird up! He said she was legit! Green rumped are smaller and quieter than the pacific, for the most part. They are wonderful birds.

I just thought of something...I live one mile from a very experienced breeder here in Orlando, Florida and I will bet she can tell me where to get a green rumped! I will call her and see if she knows something.

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Easy to find out if it is a green rumped....look at the picture the breeder sends you! In fact, make the breeder send you a video of the bird in the hands of the the breeder ( with the breeder's face in it, too! ) It must be solid green with a stumpy/shortened green tail. Make sure you get a hand friendly bird that steps up and the bird is between 8 and 10 weeks old. Green rumped are hard to find, but the lady I am talking about sells nothing but green rumped. The forum member who bought one from her went to her home and picked his bird up! He said she was legit! Green rumped are smaller and quieter than the pacific, for the most part. They are wonderful birds.

I just thought of something...I live one mile from a very experienced breeder here in Orlando, Florida and I will bet she can tell me where to get a green rumped! I will call her and see if she knows something.

Dave
Thank you so much Dave! Any info will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
6,627 Posts
I know someone who breeds them I will private message you. Green rumps are very difficult to breed and real fragile, I do know someone who got one from this recommendation I have for you and the bird has been very well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello, I would love the name you have for a green rump breeder!
Thank you SO much for the help!
I know someone who breeds them I will private message you. Green rumps are very difficult to breed and real fragile, I do know someone who got one from this recommendation I have for you and the bird has been very well.
I would very much appreciate the name of this breeder. Thank you SO much!!

MODERATOR NOTE: Please communicate via Private Message.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts