Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
**Okay. First I got a 9 inch pan (not teflon/non-stick)
**then i covered the bottom with frozen veggie mix.
**and covered on top of that with chopped pasta (spaghetti) noodles, uncooked.
**let it soak in hot water.

later,
**I added a little less than half of a banana,
**and 1 slice of bread, crumpled up
**I mashed it all up (use anything hard and flat, like a bottom of a jar or container) (The mixture should be dry...not liquid, just solid content.)
**add some water so that its creamy. not just wet, but not a real runny liquid. inbetween, like a thick soup.
**then I stirred it, and cooked it on on the stove on med-high heat for about 3 minutes.
[**I added the pasta because oscar loves it...I added the bread (which might have been pointless) so there was some wheat content, and I added the banana so he gets a fruit, and to would sweeten the meal up.]
**Then, when it was done, I let it cool so it wasnt hot, just warm, and served it on top of a slice of bread, and oscar loved it!! The bread absorbed all the juice, so he used it as a substitute for water!!!
You guys should try it.
Im gonna see if there is any way I can make some kind of baked bread with all of this inside. Like a cornbread type thing, but with my recipe inside.
is that possible??
___
tomorrow morning, Im gonna try to give it to him and see if he likes it cold.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Sounds Yummy - well if you're a P'let :D

Glat to hear he liked it - hopefully he'll like it cold also.

Serving it on a slice of Bread was pretty clever ;) - I feed mine Beak Appetit everynight and dry it in a papertowel - I'll have to try just serving it on a slice of bread :cool:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Or yeah - as for the bread mix -

I use to make what I called "corn bread mix all" :p - it was just Jiffy cornbread mix and I'd put the egg with the shell and vegetables, Pellets and anything else I thought the birds would like. I even used to throw in a jar of baby food sometimes
:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts