Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Wow - thats horrible - Poor Bogart. I'm glad he's recovering.
That certainly is something to watch out for :eek:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Wow! Poor baby.

I would never leave any of my birds outside unattended!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I wonder if Bogarts screaming was what made the Hawk drop him - or maybe he bit the Hawk ?
I had a Senegal - a bit smaller than an African Grey but if something grabbed her I can tell you she would have bit the leg off it.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
VERY SAD. I would not leave a bird outside alone for a lot of reasons. Poor bird, I hope he will live inside now.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think he was just out on the porch for sunlight. I know a lot of people that will put their birds in a cage and take them outside. He was in an enclosed porch, but the hawk found the tear in the screen.

I don't leave my birds outside.... my birds only stay inside unless they have to go to the vet.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Yes, I take Chipper out in a little cage. I sit with her. She loves to be outside in the evening. They just have to have a person nearby to protect them. I sit next to her.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Lucky for me, Kiwi's cage has a handle.. so I can just take and go. I put him on our porch when it is in the 70's... but he is still under the porch.. which means shade!

I set him on the table we have on the proch and I go into the swing (not a kid swing) on the proch.. or tend to my collection of plants which is also on the porch. *too many 'porches', sorry* :eek:

Sonnie goes anywhere he goes. Sonnie sings and talks to him. It is so cute! They both freak out in bird sounds when they see hummingbirds :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I wonder if Bogarts screaming was what made the Hawk drop him - or maybe he bit the Hawk ?
I had a Senegal - a bit smaller than an African Grey but if something grabbed her I can tell you she would have bit the leg off it.
Sennies are fierce parrots, aren't they?
I still have a soft spot for them, just like you it seems :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts