Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along with my female's new found flight I think is coming her attitude. She now seems more brazen than ever.

Yesterday I saw her chase the male. He's usually the fluffy bossy one.

I had them out and put down their Beak Appetit and he rushed over first as normal and she came barging up behind him and chased him away from it - so she got to start eating first and he came up later and joined her. I wonder if this is the beginning of the switch in power - I hear the females are usually boss.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you guys are right :p

Memmey - Yes, he's very much starry eyed still - She can do no wrong and he just oodles over her. He gets bossy as in fluffy and corrals her away when humans interact with her and he isn't ready for them too - but to her he's all sweet all the time and I think she's picking up on that - so Miss Bossy is coming out :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Isn't funny we could probably all learn from watching them as a little pair. She must KNOW he loves her and protects her. He must feel some power because he loves and protects her. I couldn't think of any fate worse than not to be able to control your surroundings and be at someone else's mercy. Think of all the mistreated little birds whose owners really think they are good bird owners and really aren't. We have that here sometimes and we just don't say it.( it tends to run them off and they need to learn). The happy couples little life must be fairly simple and she gets to fret and fuss him occasionally so she gets to vent and he gets to guard and protect...sounds like a wonderful life

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Soon she'll get him worked up enough that he starts pulling out his feathers out of frustration :rolleyes: . Oh... sorry... I'm projecting again...:D

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Life must be great as a female p'let... Sounds like a little drill sergeant!
But then again... I might be projecting too:p

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Memmey you've hit it square on the head ;)

Art you're freaking me out and I'm not even going to comment :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts