TalkParrotlets.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
This new layout is, in my view, just ghastly. It not only now looks like any other forum, but the advertisements appear in the middle of a topic and look like they are part of the actual discussion - and I paid my sub - so I would have thought it would remove most, and make the ad's obvious.

This is a huge step backward - IN MY OPINION. Too difficult to read and differentiate between the damned commercials.

Registered
Ads can be a problem. Do you have your " Ad Blocker " on? I have not seen an Ad, yet. I do have " Ad Blocker "...at least that is what my wife tells me.
Dave馃惁馃悿馃惀馃馃

Registered
I use ad blocking software called Adblock Plus, but there are many options to choose from for different browsers. As a result, I see no ads when I browse the forum.

The new forum software actually provides a lot more features that the old version had and I love the Dark Mode option.

Super Moderator
Hmm...I haven't been seeing ads in the middle of the posts, but I don't know how the forum differentiates between people and browsers. I would think that the "premium membership" would remove or minimize most ads, because what is the point of it otherwise? I browse on Edge, so maybe the web browser is doing it? It will take some getting used to, for sure, after years of the other setup! I would reach out to tech support about the Premium Membership situation and ask them.
Fyi, the moderators do not know any more about the new format than anyone. :) There wasn't any secret information they passed on to us, we just logged in and got the same shock as the rest of the forum!

Super Moderator
I have an ad blocker and am not seeing ads

I agree with AnimalKaperz in that the default colors are rather ghastly. As Jackie says the dark mode is better.

The editor seems to be a bit better though it looks like some of the past post may have odd formats. Hopefully the image attachment works better.

I like the flag on a user ID on a post. It is neat to see where everybody comes from.

Registered
Inserting images is much, much easier than it was in the older version. I agree that the flags are very cool to see next to everyone's user IDs.

Registered
I like the new features a lot, but the layout is boring and drab looking for a site that is about colorful birds. 馃悿 Does anyone miss the green? It sure was easier on my eyes! 馃

Registered
I did like the green background on the forum. You may want to check out Dark Mode, which is easier on the eyes. It is really easy to switch back to the default, called Light Mode, if you do not like it. You do can so by selecting the 3 little dots next to your user icon or image in the upper right hand corner.

The company that owns Talk Parrotlets has over 800 forum communities that this new software version will be used in.

Registered
Thanks Jackie! I know about the dark mode, but I thought it was only for the crows and ravens.馃槃
No, I actually have started using the dark mode already - I have never used it before, so I just have to get used to it. I agree about the flags, they are a nice touch. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts