Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my baby for about a month, I interact with her quite frequently, however she really resists me removing her from her cage. Can someone with a bit more experience help me in this area.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Phantom,

It might just take sometime. You can try giving her a treat when she comes out. This might make her WANT to get out of the cage.

I have a Sun Conure that screams at me anytime I put my finger in to pick him up. He doesn't bite and he'll step up for anyone with no problem (other than the scream). If you don't know this, it will scare you and you won't try.

Just give her sometime and be constant with her.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My one year old named Wendell has two distinct moods when I open his cage door.......the first, and most common, is that he absolutely LEAPS out of the door as soon as I open it, and the other is his coy mood, hanging out by the opening but not coming out. When he's playing coy, I found that as long as I position myself at a lower level than Wendell he happily jumps onto my finger. Always make them think it's their decision to come out........
Stephen

·
Registered
794 Posts
p-p67, She is so new to you. Once she finds out your not gonna hurt her she will alright. Be gentle and gain her trust you know like the horse whisperer..lol. I don't know if I only knew someone for a month I wouldn't want them to hold me either...lol

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
It is going to get better and better. Takes time for them to trust you. I sing to my little girl, Chipper. I have heard many good stories of singing and also safflower seeds. I always tell people to offer safflower seeds. SO yummy and they love to take them from you. Helps them trust you.

Does he get lots of good sleep and great food, toys and big cage? All of these things make a healthy happy bird.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts