Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone used a full-spectrum bulb with a regular lamp? I found a couple of links but they say the bulb is larger and may not fit the normal lamp. If you have bought any, please send me a link.

Also, the full spectrum light that you provide for your bird, is it on a timer like a couple of hours per day or is it for the entire day time?

Thank you for your patience with my questions, always! :)

·
Registered
11,181 Posts
I use a full spectrum bulb with a "regular" lamp. Though the lamp I got was made for full spectrum light bulbs (just not necessarily for birds); I got it from Menards.

My lights are on timers. They're on for a couple of hours a day.

This is what I have: http://www.menards.com/main/lightin...full-spectrum-floor-lamp/p-1386002-c-6356.htm

I get the bulbs from the local bird store. They look exactly light the ones that fit in this lamp except the specifics are a little different.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Make sure you use the light from the top. I turn Chipper's light on in the late morning. and off when she is ready for bed at 7pm. But as usual, she is out with me on her playstand, she flies back and forth.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I thought that the 5500K bulbs from Lowes/walmart etc where full spectrum bulbs?...If so they will fit standard light fixtures.

I leave the light on from about 8am until 7pm.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Yes, you can use FSL bulbs in a regular light fixture, but if you can, do it overhead. There are some tall floor lamps you can do this with, or you can put them in ceiling fixtures. Or you can purchase the fixtures specifically made for avian use online. :)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will look for the bulb at walmart/lowes. I have a floor lamp that I would like to re-use. Pixel likes to sit on that lamp's shade!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts