Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

Friday

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Alyse 
#1 ·
Okay... friday will be the day I finally get my Gelato. The breeder says he's very demanding and quite the character, he will be down to 2 feedings a day. I'm very excited!

#3 ·
He is a pacific green/blue, adn I'm ready for him! My quaker will wonder what the heck is wrong with that crazy little feather ball tho....

Luckily my quaker is content to just play on his stand, he's not very cuddly. He is what I call my flying cat... attention when he wants, and if he doesnt he will bite. But he's an awesome bird!

I just want another bird that is active and that he can watch when I'm not home. He likes to watch the budgies, but they aren't very playful.... at least not until he comes over and unhooks their toys and lets them fall to the bottom of their cage.... this starts angry chitter and flapping wings. I swear my quaker starts to do a little evil laugh at this.....

#5 ·
My Chipper loves a very quiet house. Your new Parrotlet may get noisy if he likes it quiet and the Quaker gets loud. He will get used to it I am sure.

Each Parrotlet is diff. but my Chipper is SO quiet and she wants us to be also! She is my only bird, so I am sure other birds get used to more noise.

How exciting! I can't wait to see photos!

#15 ·
he's a cheeky little devil. reopened a healed wound already...

He quickly sweetened up when he realized I had the syringe of formula! He's weening right now, about 2-3 times a day I give him some formula... definately a little bit in the morning, and a full amount at night. He started chirping lovingly and then rubbed his beak on me and just sat on my finger. Lovely little bird!

My quaker was amazed by him as well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.