Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I baked lamb and veggies for my little doggie and some fresh birdie bread for Chipper. Just took this photo.:D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Andrea - I do! I do a whole combination of things actually. My dog gets cooked in the mornings, grain-free kibbles at night, and then once a week or so, a raw meaty bone to help with her teeth. I don't believe in feeding them one food for their whole lives and I've spent a few years doing research on dog nutrition + diets. There used to be a myth that you can't mix and match different types (cooked, kibbles, raw) of food together, but that's dismissed now. If it's done right, it's perfectly fine. I'm now considering eliminating the cooked from her diet completely, since it's store bought and thus, contains rice/grain, which defeats the purpose of raw + grain-free kibbles. Do you have dogs, too?

Sally - I'm curious to know your dog's diet, too! Do you cook all your dog's meals?

BTW, thanks for sharing that photo. Chipper looks precious, as usual :)

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No, I do not feed raw at all to my little dog.

I have been homecooking since the horrible recalls. Before that, I fed Nat. Balance grain free Fish and sweet potato canned and kibble. I always gave her fresh fruit and veggies also.

Now, she only gets homecooked meals. Proteins like wild, fresh baked salmon. Not from China... and lamb. She gets a wide variety of veggies (no corn) and she gets a variety of fruit with a bit of yogurt. I bake all of the treats like dried sweet potatoes, muffins with banana and apple and only oats, no other grain.

For treats, she gets apples, carrots etc. I no longer buy processed foods or treats. That is the ONLY good thing to come from the horrific recalls.

I have a vet that knows about nutrition. We have had two meetings. She takes calcium and Pet-Tinic vitamins.

I use the crock pot a lot and it looks like food we would eat. Delicious.

This has been so great for her, healthier and SO much happier with her meals!! She just prances around!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts