Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Hi Pado,

I emailed her to find out more (and maybe adopt... ?) I also suggested that she post here before I saw that she was already a member.

It seems that she's on the west coast so it probobly will not work for me. Pado, care for a third ;) .

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THAT I have a feeling wouldn't go over too well in my house :D

It will be interesting to hear if she replies to your message - maybe they are familiar with shipping (via Airlines that is).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, that was me.

I ended up moving into a small, 1920s era plaster-walled apartment, where I teach cello lessons, and between Louie, my doves, my cat, and my live-in boyfriend (Louie had jealousy issues with the boy, and this is part of why my keeping him didn't work out), I just couldn't provide the best home for him. He gets totally riled up when I play cello, so teaching lessons was extremely taxing, as you can hear him wherever you put him in the house!

The good news is that he's been re-homed with a woman who kept a parrotlet from baby to old-age death, and loved the previous bird dearly. Louie'll have a 35 year old Amazon and two cockatiels to keep him company, as well as a very exuberant owner ;)

It was extremely difficult for me to see him go, but I know this was for the best.

I did make a little video of him taking a bath before he left :)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v373/eneogei/?action=view&current=851e0b47.flv

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I've sent the link to my wife, but I'm not sure I would want to risk putting the bird through transcontinental shipping.

Come on Pado, they're so small, how much trouble could an extra one be...;) :D

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eneogei - Thats great to hear he got a good home with other birds. Sounds like you found a great place for him and since this woman has an Amazon she should be able to handle a moody P'let :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts