Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a 2 year old Pacific Blue male Parotlett that I need to re-home. He is adorable, healthy and full of energy, however, he beats up my Cockatiels. I can't leave him out when they are out because he attacks them so I have to let them out at different times. He is also sweet and cuddly and likes to snuggle up to my neck under my hair and will stay there for hours. We really love him but it's gotten to be too much. I'm willing to give him to a new owner. I live in Rancho Palos Verdes which is L. A. County. Anyone that is interested please let me know. (Moderator: this user may be contacted via a conversation on this site)

Thank you,
Lynn Torok

·
Super Moderator
4,781 Posts
I am sorry to hear you have to rehome your little one. That would be heartbreaking for any of us. What is his name? Do you have pictures you can post? Will you ship? Is there a rehoming fee?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would love to take in your little guy! I live in San Diego and have been keenly looking into getting a parrotlet! Please let me know! I am even willing to come pick him up.
Thanks,
Judy

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I would love to take in your little guy! I live in San Diego and have been keenly looking into getting a parrotlet! Please let me know! I am even willing to come pick him up.
Thanks,
Judy
I am so glad Judy/Keziah23 saw this plea! Judy, if you have any questions about raising a parrotlet, please ask this forum! Parrotlets are not easy to raise if you never had one own you before! They are small, but they act like a larger parrot cousin, the Green Amazon.

David and Vicki🦜🦜

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi David!
I was up all night reading all the posts on this forum. I was especially moved by your post about Bogie and the mockingbird. ☹ Thank you for all your insight and anecdotes!
I have been wanting to get a parrotlet for years but I was worried about taking time off to bond with him/her. I had been researching them extensively and I just happened upon this forum yesterday. I thought it was fate to see Lynn/BillyBobBlue’s plight! 😊

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Hi David!
I was up all night reading all the posts on this forum. I was especially moved by your post about Bogie and the mockingbird. ☹ Thank you for all your insight and anecdotes!
I have been wanting to get a parrotlet for years but I was worried about taking time off to bond with him/her. I had been researching them extensively and I just happened upon this forum yesterday. I thought it was fate to see Lynn/BillyBobBlue’s plight! 😊
HI! This is a great forum ! Many of the members have been writing in this forum for years and years! We have seen it all! Parrotlets are demanding and can be sweet...or mean..... Are you going to pick up Billy Bob? If so, could you do us all a big favor? Could you keep us posted on the progress of your birdie? I am sure there are a million questions you need to ask us. Parrotlets are small hook bills and are true parrots. They are dwarf parrots and love to be one on one with humans.

His cage needs to be large enough to fly around in. They are small, but need a lot of space.

Keep us posted!
Dave 🦜

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI! This is a great forum ! Many of the members have been writing in this forum for years and years! We have seen it all! Parrotlets are demanding and can be sweet...or mean..... Are you going to pick up Billy Bob? If so, could you do us all a big favor? Could you keep us posted on the progress of your birdie? I am sure there are a million questions you need to ask us. Parrotlets are small hook bills and are true parrots. They are dwarf parrots and love to be one on one with humans.

His cage needs to be large enough to fly around in. They are small, but need a lot of space.

Keep us posted!
Dave 🦜
Nothing is finalized yet but I just reached out to them over email so fingers crossed! I will definitely post updates if end up together! Lol

Also, does anyone have a link to a cage with appropriate dimensions? I can’t seem to find one that has everything and moderately priced. Or am I mistaken, are cages usually between $300-$500??

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Nothing is finalized yet but I just reached out to them over email so fingers crossed! I will definitely post updates if end up together! Lol

Also, does anyone have a link to a cage with appropriate dimensions? I can’t seem to find one that has everything and moderately priced. Or am I mistaken, are cages usually between $300-$500??
Judy, ask Billy Bob's parents if they have a cage you can buy. If you will be getting a p'lett who will be let out of his/her cage quite often during the day, a large cage is not necessary. I have several cages for p'letts, but I live in Orlando, Florida. The $300-$500 dollar range is about average, but if you go on Amazon, etc., you can get good deals. If you buy a used cage, you better disinfect it thoroughly! The 3 cages I have are 32 inches wide by 18-20 inches tall by 18 inches deep. You really do not need a cage that is 3 feet tall (narrow), but a wider cage is nice for the bird to fly back and forth.

You need a travel cage to bring your birdie home. You said you will pick him up ( if you get him), so a cage 12inches by 12 inches by 12 inches tall is okay. Keep him on your seat and strapped in. D o not let air blow on him.It may be a good idea to cover the side of the cage that faces the window, so trucks and other moving objects will not freak him out. Most p'letts do just fine in a vehicle. Make sure he has bottled water and a spray of millet in the travel cage. I do not know how long your trip is going to be.

There were some nice cages on Amazon last year that were $199.00 that a member bought for his bird.

Keep us posted.

Dave 🦜

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I just saw your post, I live very close to you in Redondo Beach. My fiancé and I have been looking to get a parrotlet for sometime. My mom has had one for years and we love him. I realize I’m likely too late and you’ve already found a new home for your little guy. But I had to respond just in case. Even if you’ve found him a home, I would really appreciate if you could possibly recommend where you got him from. I’ve been looking for a responsible breeder in the area, and it’s so hard to know who to trust. Thank you so much :)

·
Super Moderator
5,102 Posts
Even if you’ve found him a home, I would really appreciate if you could possibly recommend where you got him from. I’ve been looking for a responsible breeder in the area, and it’s so hard to know who to trust. Thank you so much :)
As a general reminder to the forum, we do not openly discuss breeders on this site. Any information about breeders must be sent via private messages (now called Conversations).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi I just saw your post, I live very close to you in Redondo Beach. My fiancé and I have been looking to get a parrotlet for sometime. My mom has had one for years and we love him. I realize I’m likely too late and you’ve already found a new home for your little guy. But I had to respond just in case. Even if you’ve found him a home, I would really appreciate if you could possibly recommend where you got him from. I’ve been looking for a responsible breeder in the area, and it’s so hard to know who to trust. Thank you so much :)
There was a gentleman in the Los Angeles area looking to regime his parrotlet. Let me see if I can find his post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts