Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

Fly By Sunshine

953 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  rizzie5022 
#1 ·
So sunshine has a new behavior. At 8 pm he flies by my face/head.

Ive been home sick and not feeling like getting up to put him to bed and around 8 pm he comes out of his cage and climbs to the side hanging off the side. I can turn my head and I can look at him but if I move he goes back into his cage.

For the last three nights he has done the same thing. I am sitting still facing forward and he flies to me turns around and flies back. He does not land and I can not even see him but I can feel the air from his wings. It is very fast. He does this a few times then goes back into his cage.

Last night was funny while I didnt see him I felt him do a loop to my head and back across the longest loop yet. He flew into his cage and was so excited! He was chirping up a storm and pacing back and forth!

My hands are folded in my lap, Ive tried holding my hand out but then he goes back into his cage.

I have tried in the past to hold millett in my hand but at that time it was very random that he did this. Maybe Ill try millett tonight.

He still is skittish if I move he goes back into his cage, then comes back out. I can only move my head but he wont fly if I am looking at him. He is a very silly boy.

See less See more
#2 ·
This silly bird still does the same thing. Still no hands or touching.. He looks like he wants to but he doesnt. Ive been working next to him for a few days and the cage is open all day. He does fly bys all day. He hangs off the cage watching me. I have made progress! I can now turn my head and look at him and he wont scurry back to inside his cage! If I move my hands hes gone. I actually tried to move my head to give him kisses but I was too far away lol

Someday..........

#5 ·
Awe, sounds like Sunshine is channeling a little Huey! 😂 Remind me of Tobie, he used to do the exact same thing. Jasper is also quite fond of head buzzing LOL
He will fly right at your face and pull up and the last second. Then his tail hits you in the face and his feet graze your head

#6 ·
Awe, sounds like Sunshine is channeling a little Huey! 😂 Remind me of Tobie, he used to do the exact same thing. Jasper is also quite fond of head buzzing LOL
He will fly right at your face and pull up and the last second. Then his tail hits you in the face and his feet graze your head
I can feel air moving quickly as he flies by. He will do it over and over again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.