Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I have the Zoo Med Avian Sun floor lamp. I like it - it works fine. The only thing was that it was not quite tall enough for the 63 inch high flight cage I had at the time. To adjust the lamp 18 inches above the highest perch, I had to put it on a small stool to make it taller. I believe the lamp came with a Zoo Med avian bulb or you can buy them separately. I have never used a regular floor lamp with a UV bulb so I can't help you with there.

·
Administrator
5,147 Posts
I use this as the floor lamp. I did so because it was taller and stabler

I use one of several avian bulbs

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I like that lamp, Ozzie, it is a lot more sturdier looking than the Zoo Med lamp I have, and nicer looking, that's for sure! Kathy, just make sure that the lamp you buy is tall enough for your cage, that is the lesson I learned! ;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use this as the floor lamp. I did so because it was taller and stabler

I use one of several avian bulbs
Thank you! 😊

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the Zoo Med Avian Sun floor lamp. I like it - it works fine. The only thing was that it was not quite tall enough for the 63 inch high flight cage I had at the time. To adjust the lamp 18 inches above the highest perch, I had to put it on a small stool to make it taller. I believe the lamp came with a Zoo Med avian bulb or you can buy them separately. I have never used a regular floor lamp with a UV bulb so I can't help you with there.
Thank you! 😊

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the Zoo Med Avian Sun floor lamp.
In addition to the same Zoo Med Avian Sun we also use and both ourselves and our small parrots (parrotlet and budge) like this lamp: M&M Cage Company - Bird Cage Light with Chew Guard for Hook Bill Birds & Soft Bill Birds - Full Spectrum LED Pet Light - Simulates Natural Environment https://a.co/d/dLo1w19 (there are different sizes there).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts