Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share a big milestone with y'all. We've had Monty for 6 weeks now - he's not particularly bonded to us or velcro, he likes to sit in the cage a lot but he will come out every once in a while. We're just going at his pace.

Step up training is going well, but yesterday he extraordinarily let me scratch his head! He wouldn't let me go anywhere near there previously. Then today he let me do it again! I managed to loosen all the pinfeathers he had from being plucked by his nest mates (he was bald on the back of his head and they grew back but they must have itched like mad!) The last two weeks he has seemed to be a little different than previously. He seems to have accepted us (me + partner) as family.

I'm so pleased! My previous budgie was never a cuddly/touchy bird and this is the first time I've ever done that to a bird. Over the moon! Such a milestone. Pic is attached :)

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
<3 <3 <3

It's an amazing feeling, isn't it?!

Tyr and I had a 'similar' milestone this morning; he actually head-bowed to ask for scritches for the first time. I just about melted! (He 'allowed' me to give him scritches until now, and even enjoyed them and got all into it, but this was the first time he 'asked'.)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<3 <3 <3

It's an amazing feeling, isn't it?!

Tyr and I had a 'similar' milestone this morning; he actually head-bowed to ask for scritches for the first time. I just about melted! (He 'allowed' me to give him scritches until now, and even enjoyed them and got all into it, but this was the first time he 'asked'.)
That's so cute!
I told basically everyone about the milestone... my sister jokes it's like I have a baby with how much I talk about him.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Great!
This is the first real step in bonding. He trusts you enough to offer himself to you!

The bonding begins! Feels good, doesn't it?

Dave and Bogie

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
That picture is so cute with his head all fluffed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts