Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Just a quick update on the chicks!! They are doing great and have been moved into their small "baby cage". They are climbing up on the low perches, and flapping their wings like crazy.. it won't be long before they are flying. The oldest 2 are 4 weeks, and the youngest will be 4 weeks on SAT... time is flying!
They get lots of petting, scritches, and pocket time.. they are sooo sweet!!
I am still giving them formula 5 times a day. The oldest 2 are not taking as much formula as they were.. (getting ready to fly)
They are picking at millet and pellets, and small seeds, so I'm wondering what some good "first foods" might be for them. I give Plato and Mya brown cooked rice almost every day. They get an assortment of veggies and beans daily, and fruit a couple times a week. So, my thought is to offer the babies the same. Any ideas?

Lots of new pics in my webshots link too.
Thanks,
~Angel~

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Great news Angel – Amazing they are perching already :)
I’ll have to check out the new pictures –

No experience here with baby Parrots – so I wouldn’t know what to feed them.

I’d probably try the Beak Appetit stuff – my P’lets love it so I’m sure the babies would too - ?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't have much experience, but from what I know (from helping around the aviary) is she offers the babies EVERYTHING.
So i'd probably offer them the same thing. I'd say try to introduce them to as much stuff as possible while they are young so there will be no eating problems when they are older! :D

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
When I had to wean mine off of formula, we used a mixture of seed (the seed b/c of his breeder) and pellets w/ different fruits and veggies.... he never showed much interest in teh fruits and veggies (but I FINALLY foundout he like steamed frozen veggies). I also threw in some cheerios which he did enjoy. Those are some of the things I fed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts