Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So all of my supplies got here early and I immediately went to the pet store after setting everything up lol. He's a 6 month old light blue male. Very timid; every time I go near he shuffles back a few steps. Can't wait until he gets used to me! For now I'm keeping my distance. I live in a studio so I'm always in the same room. He's been clipped and was seen by a vet 10 days ago. The owner of the store told me he has 3,000 birds at his home!!! I can't even imagine that. He has 2 people work at the store but 6 people work at his house lol. Anyway, I'm pretty unimaginative, so I went with the name Chirpy lol.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,088 Posts
Chirpy is a fine name. Time will tell if another presents itself. Can't speak for everybody buy my guys seem to have a bunch of nicknames also. We use when they are acting a certain way.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Chirpy is adorable! From what I see, it looks like you have a nice cage setup for him. A cuttlebone, different type perches and I know the aqua colored attachment thingy is part of a bird bath - I got one. I used it for fresh veggies sometimes - it can serve as a bowl too. ;) So good job! When you do approach his cage just move slowly, no sudden fast movements and talk softly to him. Sit and read to him. Sing. With time, he will come around.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Welcome Chirpy! I actually really like that name! It suits him and they are chirpy little birds! Ozzie is right, Kiwi has multiple nicknames - KeeVeeVee, Vivian, Pretty Girl, ti name a few. Haha!! He is beautiful and wow - that cage! Great job! Anya is right, he will come around. Patience and persistence is key.

Reactions: Anya

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
That is one lucky parrotlet! The cage looks wonderful. Great job! I am sure he is enjoying all the space. Congrats on getting him to eat millet from you hand! Woo Hoo! He sounds like he is fitting in really good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts