Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Just want to let everyone know I finally got Ernie to eat something other than seeds. He's now eating romaine, whole wheat macaroni and sweet potatoes. I cook the sweet potatoes and macaroni, than I mash the sweet potatoes and cut the macaroni into tiny little pieces and mix it together with some of his seeds. You should see his little face when he's done. It's a real hoot... the lettus I just clip onto the side of his cage and one day it was all gone!! HurRay...:p Aren't they so much fun?
-Deone-

·
Registered
794 Posts
Go Ernie!!!!!Creative thinking Deone, you know I've had Bitsy for about 5 years and the girl is a tough case. I try to give her stuff and she wipes her beak back and forth across her perch like it's nasty. I try to trick her just to taste something....she has the NO WAY face when I do. Yeah Ernie he has a world of culinary delights ahead. Congrats Deone

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine eats broccoli,romaine, pieces of apples,and grapes from a clip. It is funny to watch as he chows down.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm glad to hear that Ernie is venturing on to new food! Good job. Once they try it once, they realize how good new foods can be. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yay! Have you tried a wedge of zucchini? Another favorite of mine, either diced in bowl (mixed with broccoli & carrot) or a clamped wedge.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My bugs here like shredded raw carrots a lot. Their not to interested any other way but shredded, and definetely NOT cooked!

That is great that your little guy is eating more variety now!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yay! Have you tried a wedge of zucchini? Another favorite of mine, either diced in bowl (mixed with broccoli & carrot) or a clamped wedge.

I will have to give the zucchini a try. I've offered broccoli and carrots with no luck. Egg, I've only tried once. He picked it out and threw it across the table. It's kinda funny...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Deone, keep in mind that a bird may not take to something the first time, or two, or fifty times. But one day he will. Keep trying. Even tho they reject something at first, doesn't mean they won't take to it after awhile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts