Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have taken a few pictures of my still yet to be named parrotlets. Since these pictures, the boy's feathers have grown back some and his nares look much better. I did go out and buy a new cage that is separated into 2 sections....I thought the female was still plucking that poor boy...she wants to breed and GOODNESS are female birds persistent (as I have seen in my love birds). He seems to be less plucked, so I won't put them in the new cage, unless plucking starts again!!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2092426920&idx=0

Susan:D

·
Registered
835 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Will this pair be pets for you? I have a blast with my parrotlet pairs!

I have one pair, the female plucks the males head. They are at least nine years old or so. No matter what, he sticks by her side despite her making him bald. Even when moved to the large 20' x 12' free flighted bird room, he stuck by her side :) even as mean as she is to him!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies! I can't wait until they feel like they are home and start enjoying their cage and toys! They were treated as breeders, and I felt so sorry for them, no toys, one type of perch....I like making birdie play pens more than cages!! My mother just finished a birdie tent cozy for these 2....but they haven't adventured into their little tent!!! All my lovebirds that can have cozies LOVE them. I like that they sleep in them, it makes me feel like their little bodies get a nice rest.

Andrea, I never intended to breed birds, so all my birds are treated as pets. I have 2 pairs of lovebirds that are male/female (only one actually confirmed). My 6 other lovebirds are females (4 for sure, 2 probably). The pair of lovebirds that currently have babies are my most friendly, loving birds. The Mama hen is still pretty darn sweet even with her babies...so far my breeding expericance has been very pleasant...but I also know many of the terrible things that can go wrong:eek: . I would let my new parrotlets breed if they decide to, since there aren't many parrotlets in my city...and I think they are just wonderful little birds! I just hope they will be happier in a pet role more than a breeding one. I think they will love to be in the same room with my lovies for the conversation:p ...p'lets are still in quarantine....next month they will be housed with the lovebirds, in separate cages of course...lovebirds DO NOT live up to the love in the title!

Oh, and he really loves the girl p'let...always cuddled up with each other....boys just take the abuse of those hens!! (still no names....I am a terrible name giver...one of my lovebird's name is Little Chicken, proof I am bad namer!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts