Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Nick,

I must admit, something doesn't make sense to me. You have one parrotlet as a pet, you have a pair of parrotlets as that you are trying to breed. You've had other parrotlets prior to this. Your mother is a successful parrotlet breeder. You have said you have experience hand feeding parrotlets. You have just purchased a fourth parrotlet that is a 2.5 month old baby yet you are asking for help with basic 'taming'. Can you clarify this for me?

Thanks,

Art S.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Nick, thanks... I would hold her to my chest and talk and sing. Chipper always likes that. Call that holding a name that she can learn.

I keep forgetting to make a little video of my "beaky" and "warm blanket" "scritches" etc... moves. I tell her what I am doing and she learns fast and can expect it. They seem to not want sudden moves.

I would say "Warm Blanket" or whatever you want to call holding her, then hold her. Just a few minutes at a time and tell her how good that was. I have not had two, so one is easy for me.

·
Registered
351 Posts
We shall see how this turns out!
I'm wondering...
Here is my game plan to get her and Oscar become "buddies" and share a cage. let me know what you think about it:
1*For one to two weeks, keep her in a separate room to prevent any possible sickness from spreading to my other birds.
2*Then, put her in a cage next to Oscar's.
3*Let them play daily, and watch closely.--for weeks, to months.
4*When they are accustomed, and play nice, put them together.
5*If there are any major fights, separate them and start back at step 2
6*Small fights will be discouraged, but not grounds for separation.
quarantine is a minimun of 30-45 days!!!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts