Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a american dilute female and I bred her with my lightly pied pacific male and she is sitting on eggs now what color babies will I get

·
Registered
28 Posts
What color is your lightly pied pacific male and what color is your American female? When I say color, I am actually referring to mutation. There is no dilute in parrotlets, but there is in other types of birds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What color is your lightly pied pacific male and what color is your American female? When I say color, I am actually referring to mutation. There is no dilute in parrotlets, but there is in other types of birds.
I was told she was american dilute she has some white on her probably pied

·
Super Moderator
5,053 Posts
By green do you mean very light green, almost yellow? Your boy looks like my boy, who is an American yellow. My boy has a yellow head and yellow/green body, with blue on his back, wings, and faintly behind his eyes.
I don't have any experience with pied coloring, but she also looks yellow.

Both of those birds are color mutations, which increases the likelihood of genetic issues. Shortened lifespans and other genetic issues can result from the inbreeding that was often used to create the genetic mutations. Hopefully these two came from a different breeders and are not related that we know about? The way to help ensure the healthiest babies is to create pairings where one member is a normal green. The green of wild parrotlets is much more green than that of your boy - unless the photo is very, very inaccurate to his coloring, he is a yellow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No she is yellow I honestly think she is american yellow he is a pacific male and is lightly pied on his head he is green and has the blue markings

·
Super Moderator
5,053 Posts
Pacific Parrotlet is his species, but pacific isn't a color. If you look at the picture I attached of Tumi, you can see him showing off some of his colors. There is also blue on the edge of his wings. The blue is the mark of a male parrotlet, and is present is (almost) all colorings for the male. Tumi is for certain a male American Yellow Pacific Parrotlet.

I don't have a normal green Parrotlet, but I believe that Timmy was one (people can correct me if I'm wrong) and you can see what he looked like here: (3) His Royal Highness Prince Timothy | Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts