Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I was wondering what your parrotlets like best when it comes to taking a bath. I’ve offered mine a variety of options but she rarely bathes, so wanted to hear what yours all prefer!

·
Administrator
5,147 Posts
Cool water. Over the years all my guys liked cool / ice water to bath in.
In the morning my wife will get a small glass of water for Rio to drink from and he with sometimes jump in.
For all of them, we have a tabletop fountain that they like to use. (link below) They have wore out about four of them.

• Love
Reactions: Anya and ginziputzi

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Kiwi is a water dish bather. She used to like the mist from my shower, but she decided against that many years ago. LOL! I do mist her with a spray bottle from time to time, if she hasn’t bathed for awhile. Like Ozzie; she does like her bath water colder for some reason.

Kiwi will literally always bathe when I take her out in the car. Always. Without fail. She will also regularly bathe if I just take her outdoors in her cage, particularly if there is a bit of a breeze. That is not as reliable as the car but it’s pretty good. I usually take her back in the house to dry off unless it’s a hot day. I am always cold and I’m always worried she will be too! LOL!

Reactions: Anya

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I have one of those bird baths that attaches to the side of the cage. But I don't know how it happened, but after a while, it landed with me holding the bird bath while she bathed. Of course I would get soaked too. She seemed to take longer and more thorough baths this way. I love how they look like little bats when they stick out their wings! It is adorable! 🦇

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I was wondering what your parrotlets like best when it comes to taking a bath. I’ve offered mine a variety of options but she rarely bathes, so wanted to hear what yours all prefer!
Let's see. 1 likes to shower with me. 1 likes misting and using his water dish, 3 like wheatgrass (sprayed with water) and tubs. I have 5 rescue parrotlets
Plant Beak Grass Tree Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
We travel with our birds and have a small travel cage with a small food and a water cup. I put only a little water in the cup because I dont want it to spill out. The cup is yellow. Both of my birds immediately bathe in this cup getting me all wet in the process. My new bird I never saw bathe before until I had him in this cage and I thought it was cute that both of my birds did the same thing in the same cage.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Let's see. 1 likes to shower with me. 1 likes misting and using his water dish, 3 like wheatgrass (sprayed with water) and tubs. I have 5 rescue parrotlets View attachment 47483
Wow!! That is quite the flock you have there! It is just so lovely to know there are kind people like you in the world. God knows we need people like you.

I had never thought of wet wheatgrass as a bath - brilliant! That’s an awesome photo too. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I like this idea. Your bird can bathe and eat at the same time! lol No, seriously, we are always looking for ways of getting our birds to eat stuff. I thought this is a interesting way of feeding your bird - in water. These little guys seems to like it. You could put carrots, broccoli, or whatever you are trying to get your little rascal to eat. And, if you give them enough room, they may just land out taking a bath too! Just thought I would share it. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like this idea. Your bird can bathe and eat at the same time! lol No, seriously, we are always looking for ways of getting our birds to eat stuff. I thought this is a interesting way of feeding your bird - in water. These little guys seems to like it. You could put carrots, broccoli, or whatever you are trying to get your little rascal to eat. And, if you give them enough room, they may just land out taking a bath too! Just thought I would share it. :)

I’ve tried this recently and she loves eating veggies out of the water! She’ll get in to get to them but doesn’t get very wet, she mostly ignores that she’s in water and goes right for the veggies lol. It’s a good start!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I’ve tried this recently and she loves eating veggies out of the water! She’ll get in to get to them but doesn’t get very wet, she mostly ignores that she’s in water and goes right for the veggies lol. It’s a good start!
Well, good! That is a very good start! I am so glad you tried it and it was so successful! :) I guess it just peaks their interest some! I had never heard of doing this until I came across the video. Next time, if you don't mind, take a pic and post it! We love pics around here! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts