Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am currently owned by 10 lovebirds (+ 4 baby lovies) and 2 parrotlets.

I am new to Parrotlets (just picked up a pair today). The first time I saw a picture of one, I was in love. I am a part of a lovebird forum, and one of the members has a parrotlet....boy what a sweetheart!

I have yet to name these 2 which I believe are pacific greens (not sure of the mutation terminology). They were from a breeder who has decided to concentrate on her larger parrots. They have bred before and I was told that the female is looking to mate. She has plucked the poor little boy's head bald and part of his neck. Also the little guy has a scratch on one nare, and the other one looks irratated. I am not looking to actively breed them, I am more interested in getting them to trust me.

They currently seem very stressed out from the changing of homes and the long 2 hour car ride.

I am hoping to take pictures soon, but will let them settle in before bringing out the big flashy mean camera...lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
hello susan welcome i used to have fischer lovebird i dont now i went unto parrotlets o own six and some are due to hatch in the next few days

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Hi Susan,

Welcome aboard! The plucking thing is definately a sign that the girl wants to breed - take pictures of the boy if you have a chance so that others here can see the distructive power of women :D :D ;) .

I think you will find that Parrotlets have huge personalities, even compared to lovebirds. Good luck with them!

Regards,

Art S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts