Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just brought this brand Higgins egg food. It’s the only one I can find around me but I thought it would be beneficially for my little parrotlet. I sprinkled some on her pellets this morning and she seemed to like it.
Was just wondering everyone’s thoughts and any advice on it!
Thank you!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,742 Posts
Egg is a good source of protein and calcium. Not sure how many use egg food on here. Many do as I do and feed egg in one form or another.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
E gg supplements are really good for any bird! You did an ' eggcellent ' job in picking Higgins. You can hard boil an egg and chop it up every once in a while. Some people are Vegans and won't cook eggs, but your bird is a parrot and needs the proteins and other nutrients. Put a spray of millet in the cage for your little one as a treat! Pellets are okay, but your p'lett needs nutritious treats, like Nutraberries. Nutraberries can be hard, so you can break it up for your bird to treat on! A few hemp seeds here and there are good for your loved one.

Stay safe!

Dave

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
E gg supplements are really good for any bird! You did an ' eggcellent ' job in picking Higgins. You can hard boil an egg and chop it up every once in a while. Some people are Vegans and won't cook eggs, but your bird is a parrot and needs the proteins and other nutrients. Put a spray of millet in the cage for your little one as a treat! Pellets are okay, but your p'lett needs nutritious treats, like Nutraberries. Nutraberries can be hard, so you can break it up for your bird to treat on! A few hemp seeds here and there are good for your loved one.

Stay safe!

Dave
Thank you! I wasn’t sure about the brand Higgins but I’m glad I still got it.
She LOVES nurtiberries and breaks them us her self lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts