TalkParrotlets.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi do parrotlets use their feet to hold food? I don't recall Huey doing that and Sunshine drops so much when eating.

·
Super Moderator
4,406 Posts
This is a big difference between Jules and Rio. Jules does not use her feet much except perching and climbing. Rio has big blueish feet that he uses much like hands. It is an interesting difference

Reactions: rizzie5022

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have never seen Cleopatra use her feet to hold food. But I have to add that I do love watching her clean her feet. What can I say? I am a bird nerd. I love their feet! lol

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Ricochet never used his feet to eat with, but Bogie did! I stuck a sunflower in a piece of plastic chain and hung it from the top of his cage. He flew down to a perch next to it and grabbed the chain with his foot and pulled it towards his beak and ate the sunflower seed. I was amazed! The plastic chain was thickened, one-half inch loops, so he couldn't get his feet/toes stuck in the chain. He played with that chain for 10 years and never got stuck on it, but he got a lot of treats from that chain!
David 🦜

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never seen Cleopatra use her feet to hold food. But I have to add that I do love watching her clean her feet. What can I say? I am a bird nerd. I love their feet! lol
I had a perch that had some sand in it. Huey loved it. Sunshine sat on it. He was constantly chewing on his feet so I got rid of it. He seems to be cleaning his feet less but he still goes to town on those piggies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts