Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made some dried sweet potatoes yesterday. It is a recipe for people, but my little dog and Chipper love them. I took some video of Chipper eating one! I have to finish the video. I will show it soon. It is a nice treat. For doggies, it is great too. Both of my pets eat a lot of sweet potatoes.:D

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the recipe. It is for people. You can leave out the salt for birds and doggies. Add or delete what you like. They are a BIG hit. Mine are not crisp. Well, my hubby ate the crisp ones. ;) I give the pets the chewy ones. You can leave them longer for crisper. Just keep checking. I have a dehydrator. But it is kind of loud and I hate cleaning it, ha. I used the oven. I used my mandolin to get them nice and thin. http://www.mealsmatter.org/recipes-meals/recipe/16309

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Sounds yummy and easy to make [right up my alley :p] – looks like all that would need to be left out is the salt.

I think I need to wait until the weather gets cooler – we’re in the high 90 degree range now and have hit in the 100’s a few days – having a hot oven on for two hours doesn’t sound too appealing right now :D

Whats a mandolin? - the only Mandolin I know of is the musical instrument :D

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It slices veggies thinly. Nice to have. You have to be careul, VERY sharp.

Yes, leave out the salt. If you want to eat some, you can add afterwards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts