Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while now my birds, specially Parakeets have been obsessed with my bathroom. Looking at themselves in the mirror, pooping on the soap, hanging out on the shower curtain, Eating towels. you know the new "bird Norms" nowadays, This addiction has gotten to the point where my birds would do anything in their power to get in the bathroom. My birds would patiently sit by the door waiting for it to open and fly a fast as they can in the bathroom. WARNING ⚠ Birds might Smack you in the face trying to get to the bathroom; Ahem.. anyways 😅 me and my sister have to make sure to close the bathroom door when our birds come out of the cage. Why not just let them in the bathroom you might ask? well it's a struggle to get them out of the bathroom, and they love pooping on the soap we wash our faces with....

·
Administrator
5,141 Posts
I have not had that experience. My guys are not fans of bathrooms. They tend to sit on door and watch. Exception is when shower is on they leave the room and when sink is on they attack the water.

·
Super Moderator
6,727 Posts
Mine like to sit on the sink or the shower curtain and sing. Good acoustics. Lol

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Many years ago (over 38) I had a parakeet also named Sunshine. The cage was hard to snap shut so I had a large safety pin on the door. The door could open up as big as the pin.

We started finding poops on our bathroom counter and could not figure out why.

One day I left and came back quickly, Sunshine had snuck through the opening and was loving up the cutie in the mirror. When it heard me it flew back to and into the cage.

Escape artist!

·
Administrator
5,141 Posts
Bringing back this thread a bit.
I love how our little ones are constantly changing.
Rio is now in love with bathrooms.
We have two. Sometimes he likes to fly into one or the other bathrooms and sing at the sink. I assume it is the acoustics.
Sort of funny to see.
Does not help that the bathrooms tend to have medicine bottles around and he sort of views them as his personal harem.

Reactions: ginziputzi

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Kiwi has always like the bathroom although I wouldn’t say she’s obsessed. She used to let me bring her in the shower with me but then she took to sitting in top of the stall and getting a spray and steam instead. Her favourite spot has always been the towel bar with a nice fluffy towel to sit on. She would stay there and preen while I got ready for work. She didn’t really show much interest in the mirror though. A few time she fluffed up and chirped excitedly at it but overall she just ignored it the get into mischief with what was on the counter. Teeth brushing was a force to be reckoned with though. She would flip out and chatter at the sound of the toothbrush while I was brushing and showed no mercy if she got near the toothbrush!

Reactions: Anya
1 - 7 of 7 Posts