Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while now my birds, specially Parakeets have been obsessed with my bathroom. Looking at themselves in the mirror, pooping on the soap, hanging out on the shower curtain, Eating towels. you know the new "bird Norms" nowadays, This addiction has gotten to the point where my birds would do anything in their power to get in the bathroom. My birds would patiently sit by the door waiting for it to open and fly a fast as they can in the bathroom. WARNING ⚠ Birds might Smack you in the face trying to get to the bathroom; Ahem.. anyways 😅 me and my sister have to make sure to close the bathroom door when our birds come out of the cage. Why not just let them in the bathroom you might ask? well it's a struggle to get them out of the bathroom, and they love pooping on the soap we wash our faces with....

·
Super Moderator
4,893 Posts
I have not had that experience. My guys are not fans of bathrooms. They tend to sit on door and watch. Exception is when shower is on they leave the room and when sink is on they attack the water.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not had that experience. My guys are not fans of bathrooms. They tend to sit on door and watch. Exception is when shower is on they leave the room and when sink is on they attack the water.
I can imagine a bird attacking water.

·
Super Moderator
6,666 Posts
Mine like to sit on the sink or the shower curtain and sing. Good acoustics. Lol

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Many years ago (over 38) I had a parakeet also named Sunshine. The cage was hard to snap shut so I had a large safety pin on the door. The door could open up as big as the pin.

We started finding poops on our bathroom counter and could not figure out why.

One day I left and came back quickly, Sunshine had snuck through the opening and was loving up the cutie in the mirror. When it heard me it flew back to and into the cage.

Escape artist!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts