Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone knows the symptoms of this parrotlet I have just bought. she is around 2 years old and always looking with neck up.

Also when she try to fly she flies and flips backwards.

The previous owner told me that she spent her life in a breeding box. that's what I was told.

Attachments

· Registered
1,345 Posts
How sad that this beautiful little girl was stuck inside a breeding box for two years. Poor little thing. I just do not understand people at times. How would they like to be in a box for two years? Unfortunately, there are no medical experts on this forum. I would suggest you make an appointment to have her seen by an avian vet as soon as possible.. It could be anything - you might ask her previous owner if she has had any kind of head injury. Harry gave a good suggestion - get as much history on her as possible. It could be seizures or neurological problems. Because she was used for breeding, it could Hypocalcemia - she may be seriously low in calcium. I know that can cause seizures. But a vet is the only one who will be able to find out for certain what is going on. I certainly hope she is okay. She is beautiful. And looks so sweet.

· Super Moderator
3,905 Posts
Poor little sweetie. Did you get her to a vet or figure out any further history on her? We would love an update. It makes me heartsick to think of any creature treated so terribly. Poor little baby. At least she is safe with you now. 💕

1 - 4 of 4 Posts