Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Penny's has been selling dog fur collar coats. The animal rights organization said that the dogs are killed inhumanly and are skinned before they are dead. Penny's acknowledges that the coats do indeed have dog fur collars and they marked the price of them down......:mad: :mad: ..oh my....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It must be a cultural thing, if your food resources are few maybe you can rationalize that it just a food source but this is the U.S.A. and dogs are part of our family structure at least at my house I have 4. My girl Browndeen weighs about 55 pounds and she should weigh about 25 she would be a feast there. The girl is gonna explode.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
In Viet Nam, she would feed a family of 8 for a week! :D

Actually, it's intreresting that in Asia some dogs are family pets and others are lunch. On a positive note, there is no uthanizing of strays because there are no strays. Here we have an overpopulation of unwanted animals that are killed (uthanized) then thrown away. :(

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Art I used to work at the no kill shelter and It depressed me so bad that I had to quit.Four rescue dogs are all I can feed, Bitsey Jo is a rescue. I can try to take care of the ones I can and after that I don't know, I do my little part. I have a bag of dog food in my car in case I pass one on the road. I always said that being soft hearted is curse not a blessing.lol

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thats horrid of pennies! yuck!

Its true, different cultures view things differently than we do in the US. We eat cows, but that wont happen in India.

Memmey, i agree, its a curse! I have a leash, a bowl and water in both cars, just in case!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I always said that being soft hearted is curse not a blessing.lol
I couldn't have said that any better! LOL. Seriously, there is no way I would ever walk/drive away from a stray dog without trying to bring him to safety. I have dog treats in my car for this very reason. I do get really angry at the owners that let their dogs roam free around the neighborhood -- aren't they aware that they could die so easily from being hit by a car? :mad:

I'm completely going off topic here but I can't help it. Once I tried to coax a Chihuahua for about an hour non-stop to come to me because he was running around in a busy mall parking lot. Some people tried to help but ended up scaring him instead and a couple of times I really thought that'd be the end of him because he was getting way too close to the busy busy street. We did, however, manage to just grab him in the end even though he was showing aggressiveness. Poor thing, so tiny, and all these people trying to trap and catch him.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kathy look at the picture of Nemo on your posts he's gorgeous. He getting to be a big boy.Shy little Nemo so cute.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts