Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
So very sorry to hear this. Minty was a beautiful green rump. What a sweet picture! My heart goes out to you - I know what it is like, having gone through this almost three months ago myself. It is not easy. It is heart wrenching. We love them so much that it is so hard to say goodbye. I believe that we will see our flocks again. With God all things are possible. I will be thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers. Fly high, little one! 馃挌

Registered
Thank you so much. My heart is just broken 馃挃
I know. I really do. I wish I could give you a hug right now. I fully know how unbearable it feels. This morning when I woke up, I started thinking about Cleopatra and I had a good cry. Three months later and it still stings. So, at any time you need to talk- send me a private conversation, okay?

Administrator
I am so sorry to hear this. She will be missed not only by yourself but by our community, her extended flock. Our little ones live such vibrant quick lives. They steal a bit of our heart and soul. I like to think it is so we can all find ourselves on what comes later.

There is a poem I like to read / quote at such times.

Also when you feel up to it, if you wish. We have a section called the Rainbow Bridge where we memorize our little ones so their lives and loves live on in the internet. Feel free to use it.

I do not really have any words for what you are going through. Just know you can come talk about it here. It will be one of the few places that you will find people that "get it" about such loses.

Reactions: kpenguins48

Registered
Oh my goodness. Beloved sweet Minty - oh I am so so sorry. The only thing that is of any comfort during a time like this is to think of the beautiful life Minty had landing in your home, how blessed she was to have such love and protection. I truly believe that love like that can never die. She may have had to lay down her precious body but that incredible love lives on in another way and she will always be close to you. Her laying her body down in your hand is, in my view, an incredible gift - a last gesture of trust, love and respect. What a beautiful connection she demonstrated to you. Love like that can never die. It just can鈥檛. She will always be part of you. A friend of mine once said you don鈥檛 get over the loss of a beloved one, but it finds its place. And it鈥檚 true. Minty will always be part of who you are as a beautiful person who loved her so much. So that love you shared lives on and connects you now in a different way, in a way that will always keep you close. So for sure the loss of her physical presence will hurt really badly, but every single time you think of her, she will be close and you will feel it. Trust that. Because she is there.

I have you and Minty in my heart and prayers. Thank you for the privilege of allowing my broken heart for you to be soothed by heartwarming thoughts of the wonderful life you gave her. The world so badly needs kind, gentle people like you.

Big, warm hugs to you 馃挄

Registered
You are such a heart. 鉂 I am not surprised that both Minty and Molly found their way to you. My heart is truly with you.

Registered
Oh Judi. I'm here a little late but I am so sorry. I remember a photo of her as a baby. She was asleep in food dish! Memories like that last forever. If you cling to memories you will never be alone. Again I'm so sorry.

Reactions: ginziputzi

Registered
My sweet Minty, my green rump, just had a massive seizure and died in my hands. She was just shy of 9 years old. I am devastated. View attachment 47387

My sweet Minty, my green rump, just had a massive seizure and died in my hands. She was just shy of 9 years old. I am devastated. View attachment 47387
Oh Judi, I'm so sorry.
It's Obi's mom, Laura.
I think I met Minty when she was very new. Such a beautiful girl, and you were so happy to have her. I hope you find some comfort knowing that Minty was able to feel the warmth of your love and kindness while she moved forward to the next world. I believe it's a blessing for ourselves, and for our babies, to be able to wrap them in love as they pass away.
My heart breaks with yours. I lost my budgie, Pabu, less than 2 weeks ago. I was able to hold him near my heartbeat him while he drifted away. I held Pabu long after he died, I'm sure, not wanting to check on him, not wanting to disturb his quiet.
Our homes feel so empty when they go.
Sending love and prayers to you and your family, people and birds alike.
Kisses to Molly. Obi's sending tweets of love, too.

馃挀

1 - 20 of 24 Posts