Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your bird sit perfectly still when at rest on the perch? Or does its tail bob a little and head bob a little?

·
Registered
794 Posts
She sqenkges her neck down and puffs up just a little and every once in a while her tail sorta moves just a little just barely..does that look familiar.Why are you wondering there is nothing wrong is there, are you worried about Bean?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Mine seem to do it all: they can sit perfectly still or their tails will move up and down slightly - they may always do it and I just don't notice.

Unless it's new, I wouldn't worry.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I've always noticed that Bean bobs a little. After exertion especially. He is nestled in my hair behind my ear right now so I can't look at him. When he has been sitting quietly making happy beak scrapes, he sometimes bobs noticeably.

I had a parrotlet before Bean who had liver problems and his breathing was a lot more labored.

I was just curious to know what everyone's plets do. Since they are such small parrots and most vets are not that specialized in small birds, I wanted to get an idea of the norm. Thank to all who answer this question.
kk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine sit still. However, i know that sometimes they bob their tail for ballance, so if bean sleeps on a perch, that could be it.
Hope this helpes
Sarebare

1 - 6 of 6 Posts