Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Very cute!

That's how my wife and MeMe were. Now MeMe tries to preen my wife...:rolleyes: .

Encourage cuddling, discourage preening ;) :D .

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
So jealous~ The only time Gelato is like that is if he is tired or very scared. He's a very independent baby.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gonzo loves to cuddle, that's all he wants to do when he is out of his cage. He still won't let me scratch him with my finger but he loves it when I do it with my nose or my chin. He doesn't like it when I stop though! Art S warned about preening, what is considered preening?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
What is preening:

Well, birds groom and clean each other, this is called preening. Our girl MeMe has decided to preen us - mostly my wife. This may include light grooming but it may also include cosmetic corrections which consist of MeMe trying to chew off anything that offends her sensibilities :eek: :eek: . This is not done in anger or fear, but most likely out of love and/or kindness but my wife informs me that it HURTS :eek: :eek: :D :D .

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Bisey Jo gives a serious manicure. We have to erradicate the cuticles. Those offensive things......ouch! ........stooooop Jo!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Hi guys! This is Ellen, Art's wife. "Preening" (the bad kind) is having bits of skin chewed before you know what's happening. Thinking it's sweet that they're playing with your earrings until they take a chunk out of your earlobe. Having a bit of your lip removed the morning of your parent's 60th anniversary celebration and wondering if you're relatives are going to think you had botox injections...Finding constellations of little red pinpoints all over you forearms and wondering how you let them get in so many shots...Trying to kiss your favorite beastie before they get a chance to "zone in" on a tasty spot. Wondering if including more protein in their diet would put an end to it or encourage it even more......

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Hello Ellen :) - you just gotta love those P'let's don't ya - I'm sure your family think you are covering up something with all those Parrotlet stories - :D

Art - C'mon Art - Whats her's is her's and whats yours is her's too !

·
Registered
16 Posts
:) Precious photos, Kermit is just a baby and is just beginning to realize how much fun it is to cuddle up next to us featherless beings.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts