Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at pictures of your little guys and I noticed most of their wings sit next to each other. Cas' wings cross over each other all the time.

Is he the only one on the board who has crossed wings. The vet thought it might have had something to do with his brutal first clipping from the breeder and told me they would probably sit right right when they grew out. They grew out and he's still funky.

Anyone else?

(sorry about the lousy cell pic LOL)

·
Registered
794 Posts
well I don't notice it on some of the others I have seen but you would be a good person to post when someone inquires about clipping their birds wings...especially if you don't know what your doing. Not all breeders are experts. Your baby is so pretty and if the Vet says it will be alright then don't worry, mine has a bad beak and I wish she looked prettier but who cares she is mine and I love her. Your bird is wonderful even if they never change.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Pretty little bird! Bitsy is blue too, as you can see. We had actually planned to get a green male, but the breeder offered us any color we'd like - my husband loved the blue. I haven't seen wings like this - I'd be interested to know what the vet would say.

·
Registered
373 Posts
At first guess, I would say it's most likely the clipped wings, too, but you mentioned that they all grew out and it still looks crossed. Well, the vet didn't say there was anything to worry about and if he's healthy overall, then I wouldn't worry :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Guess what!!!!!! I 'm looking and Bitsey Jo and her wings cross a little....don't worry...p'lets look different just like people......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. It turns out they sometimes do cross when in repose. (One of the IPS rules for showing is that the wings don't cross.) I guess it's like an over-bite. I appreciate all the replies.
Thanks for the compliments too. I sure do love my little!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Now that Nemo's wings are completely grown out, I think his are a tad bit crossed, too. Just the very tips of them, I think. I'll check again later.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I just looked at Kiwi's wings this afternoon and her flight feathers are coming back in and I see the feathers starting to cross.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well, then, you either all have something wrong with your babies, or they are all just normal.....I prefer to think of them as normal.

·
Registered
139 Posts
There's absolutly nothing abnormal about crossed wings. It's just a show standard. The standards are nothing more than someone's opinion of what an ideal bird should look like. And the only opinions that count are the opinions of the people who have been involved in showing the longest and have risen from showing to sponsering showing.

It's nothing more then the supposed "ideal" like venus, tyra, or ms. america.

If you want to breed a line of showbirds, then it matters a great deal. If not, then it's meaningless.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts