Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I'm new to the board and am hoping that I can get a lot of useful information by reading and picking your collective brain!

I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out why my 7 month old male parrotlet has taken to squawking on an almost constant basis when I'm not at home (so my fiancee tells me). He is at the end of a molt but besides that, nothing new. He's got plenty of food (pellets)/water/toys in his cage and even when he is allowed to roam free he still squawks. He is not near an "active" window and he shares his living space with a canary. He started this behavior long before he was moved closer to the canary if that makes any difference. I'm thinking that it might be a form of separation anxiety because it's at its worst when I'm not at home.

Any ideas, suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
It's memmey...I think he is in love with you. If I leave Bitsery Jo on another room she starts calling me till I go and get her so now I carry her from room to room with me, You know some dogs will follow you from room to room so maybe p'lets too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know that my Baby Theo starts what I call Yakking. He will sit on his rope perch in his cage and he will start yakking for no reason. I think that he may have an imaginary friend. But really, I think he does it as a way to get your attention to pick him up and hold him.

MARK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is screaming

My parrolet has this constant screaming that he likes to do. Especially when we walk into the room with food. Before I ever purchased a parrolet, all the articles said they were quiet and couldn't scream. Well, they were wrong. He can scream with the best of them. When he does his normal chirping and singing, it's great. But my husband and I are about at our wits end with the screaming. Any suggestions as to how to make this stop.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Lori I found this person Sandee Molenda she is one of the first breeders of p'lets in the country . Google her , she answers questions at different sites. I wish we could invite her to go online with all of us one evening. I need to ask Dave it's that's crazy or if it is possible.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts