Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Great video! I bought a clicker for Darcy months ago, but haven't been using it. I think I should. Darcy doesn't won't take treats from my hands. He is fine coming out of the cage, stepping up, sitting on my shoulder, etc, but if I hand him a treat, nothing.

Tink is ADORABLE. And her coloring is so interesting.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Tink is such a beautiful little pied! Thank you for the video! You mentioned that she can't have millet spray. Why not?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Tweakfox, in the video you mentioned she cant have millet spray. How come? Just curious

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tink has been sick for almost 7 months now (she's finally getting better now - we're off meds which is great!) but the first vet we spoke with said she shouldn't be having millet at all. We have to go back in again soon and I think I'm going to ask for a second opinion since the two vets working at the clinic gave me to totally different information when it comes to her diet. I've been very happy with the second vet, and so far she's wanted Tink on a diet of 30% seeds, 30% pellets, 10% fruits and the rest veggies! It probably wouldn't hurt to ask anyway the next time I go in.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Oh that was great! I didn't think I could use regular seed mix as a treat, but then again, I don't know why I thought I couldn't. >_<

My budgies are already trained to 'kiss' (touch) and they LOVED our clicker training session. Gigi the parrotlet is still not used to the idea. I think the problem may be he's never eaten millet before and tends to drop seeds when I hand them to him, which I think makes the reward a little frustrating. I'll try to get him hooked on millet first I think.

Thanks for the video. It's great to see you two in action, Tinkerbell is a real sweetheart. :)

EDIT: Never mind, I tried using some of his mash diet instead and it worked like a charm! He was chasing that stick around like a pro, and I even got him to 'shake' with one foot after a while too. He's incredibly intelligent!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts