Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day, was hoping for some help in determining the sex of Tilly, she? he? is right at 33 days old. I've read here cobalt blue on the edge of wings, but an expert I'm not, at all. The flash makes things somewhat worse for me. Can anybody help please.
Hand Bird Gesture Finger Beak
Finger Beak Feather Parrot Terrestrial plant
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Plant Petal Terrestrial plant Finger Food
Bird Flower Plant Beak Feather

·
Super Moderator
4,893 Posts
The blue will be on the inside / underside of the wing on the yellows to show if male or not. At moment looks female. Can you get a pic of under wing, wing spread pic.

·
Super Moderator
6,666 Posts
The blue will be on the inside / underside of the wing on the yellows to show if male or not. At moment looks female. Can you get a pic of under wing, wing spread pic.
Is this the bird we were looking at before I can't remember what post that I disagree with you. I think if this is the same bird that was in that other thread I thought from those other pictures that it was an American turquoise however these photos look like an American yellow. I'm going to agree with you and say this is a female American yellow for sure. There's enough saturated yellow that if this were a male that blue would be way darker like Dana's Tumi.

Op, if I originally commented on your first post if that was you those pictures looks different to me I agree this is female.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good Day, was hoping for some help in determining the sex of Tilly, she? he? is right at 33 days old. I've read here cobalt blue on the edge of wings, but an expert I'm not, at all. The flash makes things somewhat worse for me. Can anybody help please. View attachment 47045 View attachment 47046 View attachment 47047 View attachment 47048
She is darling!!!!!! Based on the wing pics, I’d say female. It looks a little grayish? Males are more blue. But I’d have to see more pics. Sooooo cute!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts