Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sing to Chipper every night. I scritch her head and sing. She loves this routine!! This is her old cage. It was pretty big, but her new one is much larger. My little doggie, Trudy loves to be part of the ritual!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Oh so, so sweet! We don't have a total bedtime routine with Bitsy yet - I just talk softly to him and say "nite, nite, nite, Bitsy". He doesn't seem to care that much, but maybe I'm just not aware of the signals.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chipper LOVES songs. I sing with music all the time. She sits and looks at my face like she is in a trance. Really makes me almost CRY, so sweet.

I sing "Baby's Boats," my mom sang that when I was little. "Baby's Boat's a silver dream, sailing ore the sky, his line a silver moonbeam is, his bait a silver star... Sail baby sail out across the sea, only don't forget to sail, back again to me. I sing other songs too.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also love "Where go the Boats" by Robert Louis Stevenson. Mom sang that too. Good memories! Gorgeous songs.

·
Registered
794 Posts
When I move Bitey Jo's cage to the little table by my night stand before bed she gets all fluffy and does the fluffy shiver shake thing. The on go all the covers over her cage with a little peek hole so she can see, a little reading and then lights out for us both....we are kinda boring little ole ladies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts